9 | Memories

Another day has started again. I had my cup of coffee before proceeding into my car. I was in a hurry right after I got a message from Taeyeon, she ordered me to head to her dorm and I have no idea why she wants me to. Nonetheless, it sounds serious and urgent, so I settle myself to her.

A car was parked infront of the small building, which might be Taeyeon's. I head into the place as I observe the silent pathway. No one other than myself is here, no other sound than the wind and the brushing leaves are heard.

I finally reach on the opened front door, the lights are on inside indicating that someone is inside

"Taey- ???" I paused right after I saw her carrying a box that covered half of her face. Her eyes caught my presence then she chirped, "Hello Haneul! I want to show this to you." She place the box from her hands gently onto the ground. In curiosity, I place my hand onto the box and observe it.

"Open it," Taeyeon smiled and gestured me to open it. Consequently, I take off the lid and the things inside the box made my eyes widen. Polaroid of pictures, handwritten notes, a pencil, a dog plushie, and two puzzle-shaped keychains.

"Look! Its Mr.Spring!" Taeyeon excitedly exclaimed. She lift the dog plushie out from the box then she pat its head. "Remember why we named it Mr.Spring?" She asked me as she hold Mr.Spring in her arms.

"Because we got him in spring," I smiled at the nostalgia feeling that hit me. My eyes wander around the objects in the box, and one of the polaroid picture caught my eye. It is very familiar, I can recall on everything that happened in the picture.

It was summer, I assume just a few months before we seperated. We were playing in the playground located in the neighbourhood. I can still picture it. It hasn't change since I last saw it when I visited the neighbourhood.

I was playing on the swings and Taeyeon insisted to push me, we played red light green light as well, while our parents were sitting on the bench watching us from a distance.

And that was when the picture was taken. I bet mother took the picture with her camera, most of them were. Mother had this camera that she loved, she would bring it everywhere to picture us and keep them as a memory for all of us.

I didn't know that she would print them all, but I'm glad she did.

There is another picture and it was when we were in the garden. I remember our mother was observing the flowers with us in a garden. There were red tulips and they were so beautiful.

"Haneul! Taeyeon! Say cheese."

She took a picture of us with her favourite camera that she brought around. Taeyeon was observing the flowers and I was holding her hand, we weren't aware that our mother was going to take a picture of us.

Then there is another picture, it was in my bedroom room. Taeyeon sang a song for me to sleep as the lights were off. I was very young at that time. Our mother took the picture from the door when Taeyeon wasn't aware of it, neither do I.

The handwritten note.

It is our mother's handwritting. She wrote on how much she missed me and wished that she would meet me again. It is unfortunate that she is in Jeonju now and we still don't have a chance to visit her. I can't wait to see her again after all these years.

"To my dearest daughter, Kim Haneul.

I miss you so much. I should have took you with me and I didn't had the chance at that time. Your father took you away from me and I can't contact him or get in touch of you. He wouldn't let me approach you and it was signed in the divorce papers.

I am so sorry for everything. I hope you are okay. I miss you so much, please come back."

The letter touched my heart and seeing mother like this breaks my heart into pieces.

I am still here mom and I will never leave your side, and also Taeyeon.

The two keychains.

It symbolizes of Taeyeon and I that we are inseperatable. If a puzzle lost its piece, it can't be complete. And the two are always destinied to be together, inseperatable.

Mr.Spring is a dog plushie our parents got for me in spring. I remember that we were in the shopping center and that plushie caught my eye. I slept with the plushie everynight.

Sometimes, Taeyeon would sleepover in my room because of the rainstorms. She was scared at the loud thunder noises, although she is older than me. I would lend Mr.Spring to Taeyeon so that there is a company during the rainy night. It was affective, she was calmer when she hugged Mr.Spring to sleep.

"Haneul, don't cry," Taeyeon cooed as she wiped my tears away. I abruptly hugged her tightly, she was surprised by the sudden action. "Thank you."

I am grateful for her presence, her being by my side right now and knowing that we are together again. She pat my shoulder and pouted, "You're welcome. Now cheer up."

A jingling sound approached the both of us from the other room. I released the hug and watched Zero running towards us. He climbed onto Taeyeon's lap and pat her arm twice, then he rushed onto mine. Zero's presence made the atmosphere around me brighter, he is a happy virus.

Taeyeon frowned for a moment as if she was trying to remember something, then she slightly widen her eyes in realization. "We should get going," she stood up from the ground and she beckon me to follow her.

"Where?" I asked in confusion. "I have to attend a performance coming in the next three hours, we have to go." I stood up with Zero in my arms. "We?" I ensured her, I was confused.

"Yes, we. I need your help on taking care of Zero because my manager is going to be busy with his other matters," she explained. I nodded in agreement then we head towards her car.

"I'll drive you here again to pick up your car, don't worry."

----------------------

A/n :
I am so sorry to keep you all waiting. It has been ten months or less that I haven't updated.

I hope you enjoyed! And thank you for staying tune. <3