Chapter Eight

He was dressed in casual clothing, brown jacket and jeans,smoking a cigarette.
He looked sexy,cute,and mean all at the same time in Maddie's opinion.
This time it seemed like Maddie was following him but she just happened to be on her break,and he was walking by the coffee shop,probably heading towards his car.
Maddie recognized him immediately.
She forced herself to walk over to him not knowing exactly what she was going to say.
"Um,excuse me...."
He turned to look at her,blue eyes intense as usual.
"I have a question."
To her surprise he put out his cigarette then
looked at his watch saying,"Make it quick,I have somewhere I need to be."
He looked like he was off duty to Maddie.
She was taken aback by his tone.This is the same police detective who seemed to appear everywhere she was,right?
"Did I do something wrong?"
He looked at her for a moment."I don't know,did you?"
"No,my friend just forgot her license,she never drives around without her license....."
"Are you trying to ask me if it's a criminal offense to drive around without a license?I'm sure you know the answer to your question,kid."
"Um,I...."he was making Maddie nervous.The look in his eyes was more intense from up close.
Maddie wished she new what his name is.
"Anything else?"
"Thank-thank you,for making sure I get home safely,"Maddie stammered.
He continued to just look at her for a brief moment before walking away not bothering to look back
"Why....?"she was going to call out to him but decided against it.She stared after him feeling stupid.
Maddie felt a little confused.
She's not insane,she's seen him following her almost everywhere in his car.
Why not just call her into the PD with her grandma if he has questions about her?
He just acted like he doesn't know who she is.
Maybe he knows she's not eighteen,but so what?
She's not in any danger.There's a lot of girls in this city.
Maddie thought about it for a moment if he were to stop looking after her.
Will she miss him?
She doesn't really know him,but the answer is yes.
She would miss his handsome face.
Maddie was crushing on a complete stranger making her feel a little crazy!