Chapter Twenty-two

Alex walked up the steps of Montmartre hilltop and his senses were immediately heightened.
He's been here before.
Paris was beautiful but he preferred it at night.
He can see why so many humans were drawn to this city.
Males especially enjoyed the famous cabaret located in the 18th arrondissement.
Fools,unaware of whom or what inhabited and wondered around the 18th district,and other parts of Paris.

Something was near Alex.The wolf in him had a heightened sense of smell.
These dark beings weren't fully amicable with him.They hated the wolf and human part of him.
Especially the human side.
They can't kill him,some have tried and have been unsuccessful.
"You're a fool to show yourself around here,"someone spoke from the shadows.
Alex immediately knew who the voice belonged to.
His name was Rastav Olrox Dragavei.
He was Romanian and several hundred years older than Alex.
Rastav has wanted to kill Alex for many years now,but because his little sister Laila was infatuated with him,he has never attempted to.
Rastav had been standing a couple steps below Alex.
When Alex looked down,he moved with super speed and was now standing on top of the staircase.
Alex looked at the older Vampire,dressed in a black suit,and smirked.
"I enjoy the night in this city as much as you do."
Rastav smirked as well."Yes,but that's not the reason you're here,"he responded with an accent.
Alex calmly walked up the steps to stand eye to eye with Rastav.
Both men were the same height,standing six foot two.
"You've heard the rumors of your soon to be demise."Rastav's tone was sinister.
"I don't fear you Rastav!"
"I'm sure you don't,boy."
"Whatever my so called demise will be,it'll include all of you,as well!"
Rastav laughed sarcastic.He moved swiftly down some steps again .
"The threat will be only for you Alexander McAllister!You'll be the only fool to fall for it!"
With those words Rastav disappeared back into the shadows.
Alex ignored his words.
Vampires have tried to trick him before.
They want to stop him from being King.
If its going to be anyone's destruction,it'll be of everyone and anything that's against him!

     Alex continued walking calmly down the streets of Paris.It was nearly three am.
A couple on a nearby bench hugged and kissed one another not paying attention to anything else.
Alex looked over at them before continuing on his way.
He was going to let them live.
No reason to kill them.
They were oblivious to Alex and his encounter with a 15th century Vampire.