Chapter Thirty-eight

"Earth to Maddie!"Maddie was seated at the breakfast table with a bowl of cereal.Sam was standing infront of her with her hands on her hips.
Maddie glanced out the window.
Another sunny day.
"We're going jet skiing,remember?"
Maddie gave her a confused look."Jet skiing?I thought we were going home?"
"Home?We just got here five days ago!Maddison are you okay?"
Maddie rose up from the table glancing at her bowl of uneaten Froot Loops.
"We did?"
"Oh my god!"Sam laughed."You finally smoked something!"
"We've been here for two weeks!"
"Seriously?You're joking right?"Sam frowned."I'm gonna go put on my bikini and text Charlie.Maybe you just need more sleep Maddie!"
Maddie gave her friend another confused look watching her walk out the kitchen.
JD walked in wearing a black tank top and shorts.
"Hey girl."she walked over to the refrigerator to grab the carton of milk.
"JD,what date is it today?"
"20th."
"How's that possible?"
JD grabbed a bowl from a cabinet then searched for a spoon.
She walked to the table looking at Maddie like she was crazy.
"What are you talking about?"
Maddie paused for a moment."Um,I'm going to see if Chris is here."
"Mmmhmm,Chris?Not 'Detective Waltz'or 'Mister Waltz',but Chris?"JD said in a teasing tone popping a green piece of Froot Loop cereal into her mouth.
Maddie blushed."I'll be right back!"

Maddie rushed over to Chris's cabin and knocked on his door loudly.
When he opened the door,Maddie threw herself in his arms feeling relieved to see him.
She had thought she wasn't going to see him anymore.
Everything seemed out of place.Nothing was feeling right except for this moment.
Chris's arms around her felt right.
Comforting.
He smelled nice too of soap and aftershave.
"Hey kiddo,are you all right?"
Maddie took a step back."I don't know."
"What do you mean?"He gave her a concerned look.
Maddie looked at what he was wearing.
He was dressed in jeans and a black polo shirt.He looked cute as usual and was giving Maddie his familiar friendly smile.
"Um,I think I must have dreamt everything?"
He chuckled."My girl Dani went out with her best friend,"He looked at his wristwatch."Want to get breakfast with me and you could tell me all about it?"
"Um,I have to call my grandmother."
"Of course,are you sure you're okay?"
Maddie nodded her head."Can you give me a few minutes?I'll be right back."
"Yeah,just knock on the door when you're ready."

Maddie went back into her cabin.Her freinds were in their rooms probably getting their stuff ready to go jetskiing.
She went into her own room locking the door.
Maddie pushed the button on her cellphone to dial her grandma.
It was working again.
"Hello?"her grandma answered on the second ring.
Maddie felt incredibly relieved to hear her voice.
"Grandma?"
"Hey sweetie,how's everything?I was just about to send you more pictures of Toby.He's so adorable when he lays on the carpet by the window."
"Grandmere,are you okay?"
Arianne chuckled softly."Of course sweety,are you?Is something wrong?"
Maddie looked up at the round clock that was hanged on the wall near the dresser.
It was almost ten.
Maddie was still feeling very confused but she doesn't want to worry her grandma.
"Maddison?"
"Um,yeah,yes,grandma,everything is fine!Send me more pictures of Toby okay?"
"Okay,sweety,have fun at Samantha's.Tell her I said hi.See you next week?"
"Um,see you next week.Love you grandma!"
"Love you too sweety!"
Maddie hung up the phone and stared at it for a moment.
She had dreamt everything?
No,that doesn't sound right.
But it is possible.
Maddie doesn't want to think too much about it.
It was Wednesday.The 20th of October,and she was still at the lake with her friends.
It's okay.
The day was warm and nice.
She was here to have fun and not stress.
Maddie silently prayed for God to calm her before heading out the door to meet up with Chris.
Thank God he was here at the lake too.
He made Maddie feel safe,like nothing can go wrong if he's around.
It's not a coincidence he happened to pick this lake to come to as well.
Chris will protect her and everybody if something bad happens.
Something bad?Maddie brushed that thought aside.
Everything is fine.
Everything was back to normal.

Note:think it will be warm this Wednesday(20th)?if not I have to rewrite a few things!🤦🏼‍♀️😅