Chapter Twenty-six

The wolves from two different packs began their fight at midnight.
The Alphas weren't near,she would have sensed them by now.
Laila watched from a distance on top of the mountain as the creatures fought each other.
They were beautiful and deadly but no match for Laila.
Her eyes gleamed in the dark as a smile of satisfaction formed on her lips.
"Enjoying yourself?"
Laila turned her head,she smirked at her older brother.
"Always creeping up on people?"she said sarcastic to Rastav.She doesn't have her brother's accent because she came to America long before he did.
Laila had traveled more than Rastav did and attempted once to mask herself as human.
She tried modeling and meeting rich aristocrats.She even had a rich fiancé to Rastav's amusement.
Her attempts of being human failed of course.
Being "human" was a bore and foolish to her.
There is nothing better than being immortals from the dark.It brings great power and strength to her.
Rastav mimicked his sister's smile and looked over at the wolves.
He watched for a moment as the large grey and black animals snarled and sank their powerful teeth into eachother.
"I have a plan big brother."
Rastav looked back at Laila.
"What plan is that?"
"To become Alexander's queen!"
Rastav roared with laughter.
"You're a fool to think he wants to rule with you!"
Laila frowned,eyes going dark.
She came closer to Rastav,chin up to meet him eye to eye.
"If Alexander refuses to make me queen,you have my permission to kill him,big brother!"
Rastav gave her a fiendish smile,nodded his head,before disappearing into thin air.
Laila looked back at the creatures with an evil smile,before vanishing as well into the night.