11. Meeting the twins

"Twins?" Both me and Caleb said at the same time. I am in awe at the moment. Having a baby is not an easy job. I was worried having one baby when I fist find out that I was pregnant. Now there is two? My goodness. It will definitely hurt when they come out.

"Yes. Twins. Two babies. At this stage I can say the you are having a boy and a girl. Would you like to see them?" Dr. Lisa asked with a smile on her face.

"Yes." I replied without a doubt.

************

After a few moments of waiting for the mobile ultrasound to come in the room. The moment of true is here. We will be able to see our babies.

"Rhea, I will be putting a cold gel on your tummy to do the ultrasound. Here we go." Omg! It's definitely a cold gel. I thought to myself. I nearly jump when that gel hit my skin.

"Hmm.. Let see what are these two babies are up to." Said Dr. Lisa. After a few minutes.

"Ahh ha! found them." After Dr. Lisa said those words I heard my babies heart beats thump thump thump. Those heart beats are like melody to me. I know that Dr. Lisa have told me that my babies are alright but actually hearing their heart beats makes me feel happy and at ease. I looked at Caleb and I can see that he is staring with awe at the monitor where our babies are being projected.

"Can we have a copy of these in a CD or DVD? where we can watch them at home? Also a picture of them?" I heard Caleb asked Dr. Lisa while still staring at the monitor.

"Sure. Howe many copies do you need?"

"1 copy of the CD/DVD and 5 pictures."

I gave Caleb a questioning look which he understand and said, "1 each for me, you, mother and grandmother and 1 to display in our home." Caleb explained.

"What a bout the CD/DVD? Are we not giving them one as well?"

"Nah. The CD/DVD is just for us. If they want to see our babies in action, they can come in our home and watch it or wait for our babies to be born." The CD/DVD is not leaving the house. I thought to myself.

*************

Nurse Jess gave us our CD/DVD and pictures after we have gone back to my hospital room. With all the excitement with the babies, I forgot that I am still in the hospital.

"Nurse Jess --" I started.

"Just call me Jess. Nurse Jess is too formal and I feel old when someone calls me that."

"Uhmm.. Jess, until when I will be staying here? The babies are fine and I feel alright as well."

"We just need to monitor you overnight. Even though you feel alright and the babies are unharmed, you might still have some bleeding which we want to keep a close eye on you for just 24hours. If no bleeding occurs then we can say that it is safe for you to go home." Jess explained.

"Thank you."

**************

Ring Ring Ring

"He --" I started when I was cut off.

"Caleb, what's going on? Did something happened to Rhea? Is the baby alright? --" Mom started ranting then cut off by yia-yia.

"Should I ready my shotgun for a kill? Who did this? So, we can go hunting. I will bring your pappou with me."

What the hell? Who are these two? And did they do to my mitera and yia-yia.

"Grandma, we don't want you and grandpa to end up in prison. And how did you two found out about Rhea's accident?" I asked intrigue of who in my cousins rant off.

"Who else? but your ever loving cousin Nikolai." Mom answered.

Damn that man. I will kill him next time he gets close to me.

"Rhea and the babies are alright." I told mom. Then I heard a scearm. "Mitera are you alright?" then I heard my father and grandpa running and asking if mum and grandma is alright.

"Did you just say morá?"

I just grunted. What a big mouth I have? I told myself.

"Did I said babies? Are you sure you're not hearing things?"

"Caleb Theakis! I do not hear things. I might be old but I am not deaf!" Mum bellowed on the phone. I actually had to distance the phone from my ear.

"Yes! Babies.. 2 baby.. twins.." I told her.

"Mum did you hear that? I am going to be a grandmother to twins." I heard her told grandma. They are now talking among themselves.

"Mum I got to go. I just saw the nurse walked out of Rhea's room."

"We are coming to visit." She said excitedly.

"Not today mum, please. I think Rhea have had enough things happened to her today. She is tired and will be needing her rest.Come and visit tomorrow, She will be well rested then."

"Ok then. See you tomorrow." And I ended the call. *sigh* What a family I have?

****************

I saw Caleb walked back in the room.

"Is everything alright?" I asked him.

"Yes, why did you ask, Agápe mou?"

"I heard you sigh outside the door. I know that you have a busy schedule today. You can go back at work now. Nurse Jess said that they will let me out tomorrow if I do not bleed again with in the 24hour period."

"Nikolai can handle work. I will be staying here with you till they discharge you tomorrow."

"Thank you. I was actually scared to stay here by myself."

"For a nurse, you are actually scared in the hospital." I teased her.

"Excuse me! being a nurse is a totally different story to being a patient." I told him. "hmp! you don't have to stay. You can go home now."

"Nah! I'd rather be here with you. Who would have thought that we will end up having twins?" He asked me in awe.

"It never crossed my mind." I answered him. My eyes are getting heavy that my eyelids are closing. "Caleb...."

"I'm here. Sleep. You and our babies will need that."

****************

After a moment Rhea's eyes have close and her breathing have even. She is fast asleep now.

I have never thought that I will be a father at the age of 26 but everything feels right and I know that I will not change anything.

I will have to deal with Camille sooner than later. Before she get to hurt my family again.