one

in california, blazer west had a great life. she had worked at hot topic with her best friends, she was some-what popular in school, and she was happy. but all great things must come to an end.

"aye, blaze! your dad had some great news!" her mother, sam, had said.

"what is it?" blaze asked, clicking the heels of her black converse together.

"I got a job promotion and we're moving to australia!" her father, hendrix, exclaimed.

"wait hold the actual fuck up. you're taking me halfway around the world, away from my friends and everything? you're just gonna make me leave everything behind? throw everything away?"

"trust me, it's gonna be great." sam assured her.

blaze sat in the back of her parent's beater, her headphones in ears and all time low on full blast. when they got to the airport, her parents paid a guy to get their cars to australia, blaze had no idea how that was even possible but she faked a smile as she grabbed her luggage and followed her parents into the airport.

***

the long, fourteen hour flight from san francisco to sydney was tiring, but blaze didn't mind that much, as she watched movies, listened to her music, and took pictures. by the time they landed, she felt like she was in the plan for days. and oddly enough, she was crazing a burrito.

"blaze! c'mon!" hendrix exclaimed as he and sam ran to their car that was parked in the airport parking lot. "how did they even get the beat here?" blaze asked, following her parents. "no clue, but at least it's here. and your car is at the house."

"you guys bought a house without me seeing it?"

her mom shrugged as they piled into the beat.

"I call master bedroom." blaze yelled to make a point.

"sweetie, they're all master bedrooms."

***

"how the hell did we even afford this!" the girl asked, getting out of the car.

"like I said, your dad got a promotion. he makes a lot more now, and we've been saving toward a new house." sam explained to her daughter.

"frances!" blaze yelled, running to her car, which was a light blue '66 volkswagen beetle.
(picture on the side) her parents chuckled as the girl ran to her car and got in it, hugging the seats.

"blaze, c'mon!" hendrix said, opening the front door. sam and blaze shared a look of pure excitement before running inside.

the inside of the house was huge. all of it. blaze grabbed her luggage and the boxes that were in the beat and frances. "the last door is yours!" hendrix yelled.

the girl nodded and ran through the door. it was already painted a pastel green color, there was a large bay window in the center, and two closets. she was pretty sure they were both walk-one but she hadn't gotten that far into it.

her white canopy bed was already placed in the room in a corner, a large tv was hanging from the wall the bed was facing. along the opposite wall was her white dresser and there was another door. blaze walked over to it and opened it to find a large bathroom.

blaze ran toward the window and looked out to see four boys with their penny boards, doing tricks. and they were hot. maybe this wouldn't be so bad.