Technology

"What is this thing?" I look above us, Fred is dangling my flip phone by the antennae. We are laying in opposite directions with our heads next to each other. I grab it out of his hand.

"My phone, doofus." I flip it open and start playing Tetris.

"I thought you were a muggle?" He says, staring at my phone with big eyes, fully confused.

"I still have no idea what that means." I frown, I am literally hanging out with a crazy person.

"You're lying," he says, somewhat loudly as he juts a finger at the screen."How are you doing that with your fingers if not with magic?" He turns on his stomach, so his head is floating above me, slightly blocking the screen.

Despite myself and the odd things spewing from his mouth, I blush ever so slightly. His hair cast a shadow on my face as it put a curtain around us and everything else felt nonexistent. "Uh," I clear my throat, "did you grow up under a rock or something?" I squeak.

His eyebrows furrow, "no, in a house dummy." He says, taking me literally.

I sigh a little, but blush once again, feeling bad for breathing on him. He must be one of those kids raised away from people, off in the woods, like for religion or something. "Well, it's not magic, it's technology." He looks up at my phone, before looking down at me again. His face looks really red for some reason.

My eyes got big, face growing warm, "what's-" he stops and tilts his head. He smirks, "why is your face all red Y/N?" Embarrassment floods me and I glare up at him.

"Don't-" I start, loudly.

"Why, Y/N?" His grin widens.

"Fred!" I push him away.

He grabs my hand lightly, laughing, "What? I'm just asking Y/N."

"Go home!" I groan, pulling away.

"What? Why so red?!" He grabs it again, laughing and I push him, he gasps, "how rude!" I start laughing uncontrollably, he has no idea he just referred to a great show. He glares, but smiles and grabs my hand, but I quickly run away.

"Get out of here, Weasley!" I laugh unintentionally and look back to see him chasing me.

.............

"Doppelganger," I say, looking up from my spot in the porch swing.

"What?" The two Fred's ask and I realize I now have two clueless redheads to deal with.

"Do you guys know anything?" I ask, shaking my head.

"Lots of things." One says with a grin and sits down on one side of me.

"Tons of things." The other copies him. "We know Ron is a wanker."

"Pranks are our way of life."

"And you are officially important."

"I have always been important." I drawl, looking between them, still unsure which is Fred.

"But we mean to us." One says.

"Well," the other starts with a smirk, "more so to"

"That's not important." The other cuts him off, "anyways, there was this thing our father was telling us about, a telly? We figured you'd know what it is." I look between the two, smiling and rolling my eyes as I stand up.

"Come on, boys," I open the screen door, "now are you gonna tell me who is who?" I ask, leading them to the living room.

"Of course not."

"That's your job, Y/N." I roll my eyes again. Flipping on the TV, Breakfast With Frost pops on, my dad had taken to watching it after it debuted in January. I flip it a few times before it lands on Groundhog Day. The boys stare at it, before looking at me with identical weird looks.

"What?!" I say with exasperation in my voice.

"I thought you said she was a muggle?" So that's George.

"That's what she keeps telling me." Fred narrows his eyes at me. I shake my head and sit next to Fred on the couch, slumped down. "How are you doing that?"

"Technology, electricity." I drawl, watching Bill Murray wake up on Groundhog Day for the second time.

"I don't get it." George says, "what is playing, a picture, how does it have noise?"

I take a breath, "this is a movie, it's like a long moving picture and technology."

"So you know these people?" Fred asks, looking closely at the tv.

"Not personally, they are actors, everybody knows them, they're famous."

"So a ton of people-"

"Are watching this-" George starts to smile at Fred as if they just picked up on a silent joke at the same time.

"All at the same time?" Fred grins when I nod, "if we could just plaster a long moving picture of Ron on there, the whole world could laugh at him."

I roll my eyes, "good luck with that." I go out to the kitchen and grab each a popsicle, before returning to my spot.

Opening my eyes, I can see out the screen door that the sun is starting to set. A big, freckled, pale arm is crossed over mine and the hand is playing with the couch cushion. I move my head and look up to see Fred, staring intently at the TV. He's warm I'll admit. "So they race to buy food?" Fred questions looking over at his brother, both have yet to see I'm awake.

"I don't think they have to pay." I hear his brother say. "I think they get paid."

"Well, that doesn't seem right. All they have to do is run around and grab food and they get money? I could win that. But why do they do it?" Fred rambles. His hand draws up and his thumb brushes lightly against my arm.

I blush, "entertainment." I say, putting my hand on my cheek to cool it down.

Fred looks down at me, "but why?"

I reach up and pat his cheek a couple of times, "shh, shh, I don't think you're ready for Supermarket Sweep." He's smirking at me and I crinkle my nose in suspicion. "What?"

"Nothing." I see George sit up and look at me, before snickering.

I sit up and squint at them, "what-" but then I notice how stiff and sticky the skin on my face is. I sigh, "really?" They must have smeared popsicle juice all over my face. "That's gross, what are you, five?"

"Sometimes." He replies, sticking his tongue out.

"What are you going to do after school?" I ask Fred. After George left, we had gotten up on this flat bit of roof, so I could show him the sunset from there.

"Me and Georgie, we're going to own a shop." He explains grinning.

I smirk a little at him, "what kind of shop?" I ask with a playful lilt in my voice.

"A joke shop obviously, what good is there to any other kind?" He flicks me in the forehead and my face screws up, before I smile.

"A joke shop," I pause, "sounds cool, dude." I say softly. He gives me his big grin, as though I had given him a gift.

I look back out at the horizon, "see, it's fucking sick."

He snorts and smirks, "yeah, fucking sick." He looks back over at me, "what are you going to do after school?"

I sighs, "I'm thinking about winging it." I grin, "any job openings at that Joke shop?"

"Are you funny?"

"Am I?"

"You got the job."

I'm sorry I'm too lazy to make it sound less american😂😂))