The Arrival

"Thieves! Fire! Murder!" Radagast comes through the trees scream bloody murder.

"Radagast. It's Radagast the Brown!" I say in relief walking up to my old friend. Thankfully we are not in trouble so we have time to get Delara to Rivendell in time for the baby. "What on earth are you doing here?" I ask the wizard with bird poop on his hat.

"I was looking for you, Gandalf. Something's wrong. Something's terribly wrong." Radagast says to me, making me worry about the fate of the world.

"Yes?" I reply to this, waiting for his answer.

"Just give me a minute. Um...Oh! I had a thought and now I've lost it. It was...it was right there, on the tip of my tongue!" He says to me, of course always the ditz. "Oh! It's not a thought at all! It's a silly old... stick insect." He says oddly as his tongue was occupied by a stick bug, removing it from his move carefully not to hurt the creature, earning disgusted looks from Bilbo, Fili, and Oin.

"The Greenwood is sick, Gandalf. A darkness has fallen over it. Nothing grows any more, at least nothing good. The air is foul with decay. But the worst are the webs." Radagast explains chills running through him.

"Webs? What do you mean?" I inquire, trying to force the answer out so I can get Delara help, I know she won't say anything until it's too late.

"Spiders, Gandalf. Giant ones." He says while motioning with his hands. "Some kind of spawn of Ungallant, or I am not a Wizard. I followed their trail. They came from Dol Guldur."

"Dol Guldur?" I scrunch my eyebrows. "But the old fortress is abandoned." I am worried now for the well being of the citizens of Middle earth and more so the company as they may have to go through those woods to reach Erebor in decent time.

"No, Gandalf, it is not. A dark power dwells in there..." He corrects me. "...such as I have never felt before. It is the shadow of an ancient horror. One that can summon the spirits..." Radagast stops making sure none of the dwarves are near enough to hear. "of the dead." He finishes off. "I saw him, Gandalf. From out of the darkness...a Necromancer has come." He finished filling me in, it's unbelievable really. After his retelling he gets frightened, right now I need calm Radagast.

"Try a little old Toby. It'll help setting your nerves. In, and out." I offer him my pipe wiping the mouth "Now, the Necromancer. Are you sure?" I try to confirm.

"That is not from the world of the living." He says pulling a brown cloth wrapped item from his robe. Taking the ties off hurriedly, I see a Morgul blade. Before we can say much more there is howl from a ways away. Bilbo turns to me.

"Was that a wolf? Are there...are there wolves out there?"

"Wolves? No, that is not a wolf." Bofur says looking up the hill towards the sound. Behind him Bindle and the rest of the brothers pull out their weapons creating a circle around Delara just as a Warg jumps down from the hill above our heads. everyone immediately jumps into actions killing the creature in a matter of seconds

Bindle's POV

"Warg scouts! Which means an orc pack is not far behind!" Thorin shouts to everyone after taking down the ugly thing.

"Orc pack?" Bilbo asks.

'Great I have to watch out for him now.'

"Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?" Gandalf says in a louder voice walking to Thorin.

"No one. But they found out so it's no telling how many people figured out what we were doing." Thorin said and from the look on Gandalf's face he should not have said that.

"Who did you tell?!" Gandalf shouts, impatient with him.

"No one, I swear! What in Durin's name is going on?" Realising his mistake Thorin rephrases his answer.