25k AU Special

God, that was cringe and stereotypical, huh? Sorry for any and all emotional distress. Aidan is no longer my celebrity crush and I have changed considerably since I wrote this book (hence why this account is inactive) but i thought you all deserved some fluff for your emotional stability. Someone suggested I write an au and I started writing this as a 10k special months ago, but we're clearly past that point. I have been so scared of Aidan finding this lmao. Anyway, enjoy, no trigger warnings just pure fluff.

Ramona peeked round the corner of the kitchen at Beatrice, who was working diligently over their apartment stove. She admired the girl, whose hair was scraped back as she pushed more trays of vegetables into the oven. Mona loved how Bea's lips pursed when she was concentrated, eyebrows knitted slightly, in the sort of look any other person could mistake for confusion. Breathing out a sigh, Bea stepped back from the stove, everything now inside.

"You didn't have to do all this by yourself," Mona said coming in from behind and curling her arms around her girlfriend's torso, "I could've helped."

"You in the kitchen? Please," Bea chuckled as she untied the knot her braids had been fixed into atop her head. Mona rolled her eyes, pressing a lazy kiss to Bea's cheek. Suddenly, Bea started wriggling, "Let me out," she said, "i need to get dressed."

Mona looked down at Bea, stood in her penguin pyjamas, "But you look cute," she said, dragging the 'u' for emphasis. Shaking her head, Bea broke out of her hold and ran across the apartment to get into 'proper clothes'. Mona smiled at where she had disappeared to, patting the little box in her pocket to check it was still there.

Eventually, Bea reemerged fully dressed just in time for the doorbell to ring. Mona opened the door, revealing her younger brother standing with a few bags, looking like he could hardly contain his exitement. He threw his bags down and arms around his sister in an insanely short amount of time.

"Mikes!" She giggled, as if they were little kids again. It was their biggest achievement to have been able to support and love each other so healthily. They hadn't met many other siblings that managed to stay so close. Mikey let go of his sister to hug her girlfriend, who also wore a smile. "Alright, you better stop before you steal her," Mona teased. She loved how her family got along with Bea.

The three retreated to the open kitchen/dining room, Mikey placing his presents on the empty counter space he could find. "How've you been?" The boy asked, combing a hand through his hair as he made himself comfortable leaning against the kitchen cupboards.

"Alright," Mona shrugged, never really disclosing how her practice as a therapist was, "I'm just glad you get the holidays off this year. God knows film schedules are a nightmare," She grumbled, not properly upset but still illiciting a laugh from her younger brother. There was a comfortable silence. The type of silence that feels perfectly warm, the scent of holiday spices aiding the young adults' relaxation. "I'm worried about Dad driving, the roads weren't too bad were they?" Mona directed at Mikey.

Her brother's lips tighened into a lop-sided smile, "You worry too much, I'm sure he'll be fine."

No longer than an hour later, Aidan's car pulled up outside. The three in the apartment rushed to the door to greet the - middle aged, at most - man.

"Ramona, Michael, Beatrice," He greeted with the iconic dimpled smile, voice only slightly tougher with age, "Lovely to see the three of you again."

"Mona was worried about you driving," Mikey grassed, sticking his tongue out at his sister.

"Goodness, you make me sound geriatric sometimes," The father rolled his eyes.

Bea chuckled, rolling her eyes playfully before asking, "Where are the other two?"

"On their way up," Aidan said, gesturing with his thumb, "I could've carried some stuff, but your mother insisted that because i drove..." He trailed off, simply gesturing with his hands.

"Oh please!" You exclaimed from behind your husband as you walked through the door, "You do too much." You were carrying two different, equally obnoxious looking, gift bags. There was another in the capable hands of your third and youngest child, Eddie. He was currently still living at home while he finished his history degree at college. "Smells like the holidays in here," You observed.

Mona's lips returned to a dimpled smile that felt all too familiar, "Yeah, come through here, Mom. Bea's got dinner on and we've made gingerbread cookies and your mulled wine recipe."