17

Warnings:
-Emotional abuse

Clay's POV

George helped me stand up after I calmed down and we slowly went downstairs. My mother offered to bring us to George's place and she stood with her car keys in her hands while George helped me walk.

My chest was really bruised and it hurt a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being broken, but for now we thought it was only bruised.

George and I arrived at the car and my mother sat down in the driver's seat, starting the car while George and I sat down in the backseat. George wrapped his arms around my shoulders, causing me to rest my head on his shoulder with a smile.

'Are you okay?' George asked when my mother started driving.

'P-p-pain.'

'You can lay down on my bed when we are at home. You can meet Mia again.'

'M-Mia?'

'My twin sister.'

'I-I-I thinked y-you have s-sister, I didn't k-know name.'

I smiled as I cuddled up with George. My mother wasn't paying attention to us at all and George ruffled my hair up again. It caused me to giggle and I squeezed my hands because of excitement.

My mother stopped the car a little bit later when we arrived at George's place George helped me step out and I gave my mum a careful hug to say goodbye.

'Have fun,' she smiled. 'Just stay as long as you need. You can always call me and then I can be here in ten minutes.'

'H-h-how l-long is t-ten m-minutes?' I asked, looking up at George.

'Just as long as we just sat in the car.'

'O-okay,' I said while nodding. We walked to the door and my mother drove away while George went inside of his house.

'Can I tell my parents what happened and why you're here?' he asked me as he looked at me.

I nodded and felt myself shut down again as I knew there was at least one stranger in the room there. George understood and smiled as he kissed my hair before walking in.

'You don't have to talk, don't worry.'

I smiled and we walked to the living room, seeing his twin and his mother sitting down on the couch. I got scared and wanted to grab George's hand, but I didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

'Hi, mum,' George started. 'Clay is staying here for a little. His brother is always really mean to him and he hurt Clay today. His ribs are very bruised and I took him here to rest.'

'That's fine, but did you study? Your grades are still really low and you're doing way worse than others.'

'My grades are all above average,' George muttered.

I noticed he was sad so I ended up grabbing his hand, but his mother frowned.

'You aren't going to tell me that you're gay too, right?'

I immediately let go of his hand and looked at him with an apologetic look.

'Who cares?' his twin sister suddenly yelled. 'You should stop judging him all the time. He's trying his hardest, he's doing great and what does it matter if he likes a boy or a girl? Did you know two guys can also be friends and cuddle?'

'You're the perfect daughter and he has to live up to those expectations.'

'He can't, because he has a little bit more trouble with things which is understandable. He was born this way and you have always known he has ADHD and a mood disorder!'

George's mother looked from George to Mia and frowned. 'Why are you even sticking up for him?'

'I'm his sister and I love him the way he is. You've always been mean to him, you always act like he's worse than me. You're just a ableist!'

'I have to think about this,' their mother said as she stood up to walk away.

Mia rolled her eyes and tapped the couch. 'Sit down, do you want a drink?' she asked me.

I sat down next to George and held his hand since I was a little bit scared now Mia was here too. I didn't have the courage to talk to her right now, I was too anxious for that.

'It's fine if you don't have the courage to speak to me,' Mia said as she noticed I was scared. 'I don't mind at all!'

I smiled and nodded softly because I couldn't talk and then gave George a hug to show him that I appreciated him being with me now I was scared.

'We hugged today and his brother saw and kicked Clay,' George sighed.

'I'm so sorry, is he okay?'

I was glad Mia was speaking to George and I cuddled up with George while they talked. After a while George and I went up to his room and he locked the door to make sure his mother wouldn't come in after their argument.

'Would you like a hug?' he giggled. 'You're my best friend.'

I nodded and giggled. 'B-best friend!'

George smiled and pulled me closer to him as he laid down. I was laying down on my hip and he rested his chest against the not painful side of my body.

'You're so sweet. I'm so happy that you're my friend. We've been in the same class for a long time and never really communicated before. I'm just so happy you're my friend and not that stupid brother of yours.'

'S-s-same.'

George smiled, but then I pouted slightly, looking away from him with a really insecure and sad look on my face.

'What's wrong?' George asked as he turned my face back to him.

'A-annoying s-s-stutter? I c-can s-stop talking.'

'Your stutter isn't annoying to me in the slightest. I'm just letting you take your time to speak and I love listening to your beautiful voice.'

'I-insecure.'

'I understand that your brother may have made you insecure, but there's no need to. You sound beautiful.'

I giggled and cuddled up with him.

1052 words

Summary:
Annoying birch tree mother