Chapter 5

(A/N- Hey people! I am back for this week! And I am gonna update this story as an apology for not updating earlier. So, back to our story!)

_______________________

"I hope you had a wonderful day." Izana greeted,bringing her back from her thoughts, "I did. I hope the same happened with you." "It sure did." He replied back. "You still have paperworks to complete ?" She asked, curious. "No, I have completed for the day." He replied, she nodded and then again went back to her thoughts which wasn't unnoticed by Izana. 

"Are you okay ?" He asked, "What do you mean ?" She asked again, an eyebrow raised, Izana got up from his seat and went to where she was, sitting directly opposite to her. "Don't try to hide it from me." He said in a cold voice but Emika wasn't the type to back up, "What will I hide if I don't have anything to hide ?" She shot back, "You're hiding something for sure!" "And what if I am hiding ? And why do you think that I am going to tell you ?" She couldn't understand why he was behaving like this and was angry with his sudden change of attitude. Izana was now more than frustrated, he wasn't the type to lose his temper but around Emika, he couldn't control his emotions and thus yelled angrily, "Because you are my fiancee!!" Slamming his hands in the table, that separated them. Emika was taken aback by his sudden outburst. 

Izana just realized what he has done but before he could do anything, Emika stood up from her seat and left the room. Izana chased behind her. 

Emika ignored everyone in the way and ran down the hallway towards her room, but what the problem was that her room was a few rooms away from Izana's own and before she could enter the room, someone grabbed her and pushed her inside another room which she realized was Izana's own. Even though she was almost as tall as Izana, this time Izana was towering over her. He pushed her against the door and placed his hands on the both sides of her head, trapping her in the process. 

She could feel his breath on her neck. "I told you to tell me what was bothering you." He breathed, her heart was now beating fast and cheeks were pink with the distance between both of them which wasn't more than 10cm. Or probably what she thought. "Why are you worried so much about me ?" She asked him quietly, but this didn't calm down Izana instead he was more angry, he slammed his hands in the door, "Am I not supposed to worry about the person I love ?!!" He yelled, she was surprised and shocked by his sudden confession. She wanted all this to be a horrible nightmare. His eyes never living her, watching her every movement.She finally gave up, "Trust me, nothing's bothering me and I don't want you to worry too much." Izana gave up and decided to let the matter slide for just this time. 

He finally let her go, "I apologise for my behaviour today." "It's okay." Emika replied. 

Then an awkward silence settled between them. "Uh-" "I wanted to ask you something." "Sure, go ahed." "Do you really love me ?" She questioned, "If I didn't then I wouldn't have said those things to you." He said, turning away from her, trying not to face her rejection but  nothing came other than a reply of "Oh, I see. Have a good night then." He could hear her footsteps going out the room and then closing the door behind. He sighed softly and sat down in his bed.For a moment of time, he just lost control in himself. He wasn't supposed to be like this but something forced him to be. He again sighed before changing clothes and going to bed with a book in head. He needs to clear his mind. 

When she finally returned to her room, the place she trusts the most, she sat down in the bed, replaying all the incidents that took place today in her mind. All that happened just caught her off guard. She felt that Izana has managed to break down all the guards she put up over the years but then again he was genuinely worried about her.

She sighed knowing this will happen again when he will again break her guards, but for the matter of time, she pushed away the thought to the back of her mind and laid down in her bed, allowing the darkness to consume her.

The days passed like blur.

Emika didn't even realise that it's been almost 2 months since she came here. Everyone were busy in their own works. Though Izana and Emika didn't interact much after that incident, Emika tried to avoid by any cost. In this two months Emika has become closer to almost everyone. She was close to Izana from the very beginning and with the passing days, she has also gotten closer to Zen and his aides.

Emika was in her office, doing paperworks when a knock disturbed her. "Come in." She said, then Mitsuhide entered. "Princess Emika." He bowed, "No need of formalities Mitsuhide." He nodded and said, "It's about Zen." He breathed.

"He once again..." Emika's ears perked up, listening carefully to what was being told.

Anyone could hear the click of heels on the polished marble floors.A maiden was walking through the hallways of Wistal palace, her dress swept the floor. She was on her way to Zen's office. From what she heard, she was more angry at Izana then worried about Zen. 

Zen was working on his paperwork for who knows how long. There were dark circles around his eyes. It can be seen that he probably didn't slept for hours. Emika stopped in the doorway and watched her brother-in-law trying his best to complete the papers. Kiki looked over his shoulder to see the princess and bowed. Emika dismissed her and stood beside her, Mitsuhide behind them. She was worried about him, knowing exactly what can happen if this continued. 

She left the room and went to someone she knew who can stop this thing. She knocked before entering the room, but as soon as she entered the room, a voice called out, "Oh princess Emika, what brings you here ?" "How could you do this to Zen ?" His expression changed from confusion to expressionless. He looked outside the window, "He went outside again." He stated, hoping this would answer her question, "That doesn't mean that you can punish him however you like." "Why are you worried so much ?" He asked, facing her, "Because he is someone very close to me and.." "And what ?" "And the fact that I know what can be the result of this." She said and slammed the door on him.

Izana was confused by what she meant but nonetheless, he was feeling a little guilty about treating Zen like that. He quickly went to Zen's office and dismissed him, and gave him a break for a week. Truth to be told, he was surprised to see Zen at such a state and more worried. He then made his way to the place he knew he would find Emika. And just like he suspected, she was there.

Staring into the sky, Emika was standing in the balcony, trying to clear her mind. "Hey, I am sorry." He said standing beside her, "How many times will you apologise to me huh ?" "The many times I make a mistake." He replied. She sighed. "I don't know what's happening to me but I can say something about you." "And what's that ?" "You were always a jerk and you still are the same." She stated and smirked at him, he didn't expect her to be this savage. He then returned the smirk, "Who thought you changed this much huh ?" Now both of them broke into laughter. Emika felt good because she was laughing like this after a while. They calmed down and stared at the night sky.

"Hey.."

"Hm..." she hummed.

"I never asked you this but..."

"............."

"......."

"............."

"......will you marry me ?" 

  ____________________________________

Hey everyone! Another chapter completed. I hope you will like it!! Leave comment if you like. Thank you for reading. Bye!!!