Chapter 3- Research

Steve's POV-

"He's all over the globe. Robotics labs, weapons facilities, jet propulsion labs, reports of a metal man, or men, coming in and emptying the place." Maria says as we walk out of the elevator, Toward the rest of the avengers. "Fatalities?"

"Only when engaged. Mostly guys left in a fugue state going on about old memories, worst fears, and something too fast to see." Maria replies "Maximoffs. Well, that makes sense he'd go to them, they have someone in common" I say as we go up the many staircases in Tony's penthouse.

"Not anymore," Maria says as she hands me a tablet showing a photo of Strucker's dead body with the word PEACE written in blood on the wall next to him.

I hear Clint talking on the phone as we walk by, "Barton, we might have something." I say as Clint turns to look our way, "Gotta go." He says as he hangs up the phone.

"oooh, Who was that?" I hear a familiar voice say from behind us, I turn to see Alex standing in the hallway. "Girlfriend," Clint says. "Birdman has a girl?" She says as she walks towards us, "And the ripped 95-year-old doesn't?" She says sarcastically, hitting me lightly on the chest as she walks past us.

Alex's POV-

after Steve gathered the rest of the team he gives Thor a tablet with the photo of Strucker's body, "What's this?" Tony says as he walks over to Thor, "A message." Steve replies as Thor smacks the tablet on Tony's stomach.

"Ultron killed Strucker." Steve says, "Well at least someone did it, He was getting on my last nerve." I say whilst helping Natasha research Strucker. "She's got a point." Thor says pointing at me, "Didn't your Mother teach you, it's rude to point" I say with a smirk.

"he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us," Tony says interrupting Thor and me. "This is a smokescreen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?" Nat says.

"Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss," Steve says like he just had a lightbulb moment. "Yeah, I bet he-" Nat says but gets cut off by a beep from the computer, "Yep. Everything we had on Strucker has been erased." I say after reading the computer notification.

"Not everything," Tony says.

**********

Tony takes us to where all the files are, "Alright, Everyone dig in." Tony says as he starts going through files upon files.

"I'm going to have papercuts on my papercuts when we're finished," I say as I let out a groan. "Known associates. Well, Strucker had a lot of friends." Steve says whilst flipping through a File.

"Wow, I would've thought he was more introverted." I say as I look through my Pile, "Well, these people are all horrible." Bruce says whilst flipping through pictures of Struckers associates, "Wait. I know that guy." Tony says as he motions for Banner to give him the file.

Banner passes him the photo he was looking at, "From back in the day. He operates off the African coast, black market arms." Tony says as the whole team turns to look, Steve gives him an accusing look.

"There are conventions, alright? You meet people, I didn't sell him anything." Tony says trying to get Steve off his case. he gives us the photo of Ulysses Klaue, I look over Thor and Steve's shoulder to get a better look.

"He was talking about finding something new, a game-changer, it was all very "Ahab." Tony says "Did you even read Moby-Dick?" I say to him.

"This," Thor says as he points to the scar on the back of Klaue's neck. "Uh, it's a tattoo. I don't think he had it..." Tony says as he looks at it, "That's a Brand!" I say without even thinking, the team turns to look at me.