4. Stick To The Team

I feel the like worst part of this whole experience was the waiting. Why you may be wondering. We didn't have anything to do except from talk with each other or go to the bathroom. When the rest of the players returned I was just waiting for an announcement. "Do you think the games will get harder from here?" I asked Sae byeok.

"I don't know, we might get easier games now." She said to me. That was true.

"Attention, players. I will now announce the results of the second game." The announcer said before the player number started going down and the cash prize number got higher. "Out of the 187 players who participated, 79 players were eliminated." She said before the money started going into the piggy bank. "The prize money accumulated this round is 7.9 billion won. The total prize money accumulated so far is now 34.8 billion won." She said to us.

"At least not many people died that time." I said to Sae byeok.

"Doesn't mean that more won't die in the next few games." She said to me, she was right.

"Attention. Your mealtime begins now. All players, please form a line in the center of the room." The announcer said, when I got to the front I was disappointed when I was handed an egg and a bottle of what appeared to be beer. Sae byeok and I went back to her bed to go and eat.

"I guess this is all we get for dinner." I said to her before peeling the shell of the egg off.

"At least it's something." She said to me before we started eating.

"Uh, I didn't get anything. Where's the rest?" A guy asked in line, there we five of them.

"Hey, we didn't get our meals either. One, two, three, four, five. Five meals are missing, sir." A woman said them.

'We prepared food for the exact number of players." One of the masked me said to them.

"Then where is ours? Please, sir, we need to eat!" The guy at the front of the line shouted. He stopped shouting when a gun was pulled on him.

"It was prepared for the exact number." The masked guy with gun said.

"Excuse me." A woman said, we all looked at her. "It was them. They...skip the line and got seconds. I saw it." She said pointing at 101 and his entourage.

"Hey, what's the matter, everybody? Jeez. You never see a guy eat before, is that it? Shit." He said before laughing. 271 then started to walk over to him.

"Who do you think you are? That's my food you just ate." 271 would said to them, if I was him I'd be scared.

"Ah. So, uh, is this yours? Is your name on it? 'Cause I sure don't see anything." 101 said making his gang laugh. "I'm sorry." He added before drinking some beer.

"Give me that. Give it back. It's mine. Give it back to me!" 271 said before the bottle shattered on the ground.

"You little shit, goddamn it. Why did you break it, you jerk? How was this, huh?" 101 asked while grabbing 271 by the collar of his jacket and punching him to the ground. "How come a scrawny guy like you is so greedy about food? You piece of shit!" He said before kicking 271. "Hey, listen up. You should learn to share. Is it too hard, you dumbass?" He asked while beating the crap out of 271. I was sat behind Sae byeok so I rested my head in the crook of her shoulder and kind of hid. "You bastard! What the hell? You shithead. Shit." 101 said.

"Haneul it's ok, it's over now." Sae byeok said while rubbing my arm. I then just rested my head on her shoulder looking in front. I saw Gi-hun and 218 walk over to 271.

"Hey, you okay? Hey, wake up." 218 said to to 271 but nothing. I saw him turn to Gi-hun. "He's gone." He said. This game was just getting crueler and crueler as time went on. People started to murmur. But I stayed silent.