5. A Fair World

When we went with Sang-woo's plan, Gi-hun went over the edge. He was dangling and scared. I was scared as well for all of our lives. We saw the other team fall. "Pull now!" Sang-woo shouted. And we did, luckily for us we managed to get Gi-hun back over the edge. We got into a rhythm and nothing was going to beat us now. We were winning. When the other team went over the side we started to get pulled forwards. We all whimpered given that we couldn't control anything. When the guillotine came down we all fell backwards. We all painted as we hit the ground. I was so tired. When the makes men came round and undid the padlocks. When we got to the elevator I looked at my hands.

"Oh, Lord, protect me." The religious guy said.

"Hey, dude. Who you think you're praying to, huh? To God? You think you made it out of there because of God, don't you? The reason you're still breathing and thanking that nice God of yours...is that old man there. And that guy over there who came up with that awesome last-minute trick. You know if there's anybody that you should be thanking it's them, not God." The girl Sae byeok recruited said to him.

"You sad lost soul. What would you say about everybody who was nailed to the cross for our salvation today? They sacrificed themselves for us. We are here, thanks to their blood. I pray to the Lord on behalf of all us sinners. I gave thanks for their sacrifice. God made a decision to help our team win. That's why we're all here." He said to us, I didn't believe him.

"Bullshit. You killed those guys out there. Oh! If we say some prayers, do we all get to go to heaven? I should really pray too if that's how easy it is. Our God who art in Heaven, we worked as a team to send people to your side. And we sent a bunch of them today. And please help us with a whole lot more to be with you. Ans I hope that from now on- -" New girl started before she was cut off.

"Be quiet!" Sae byeok said to her, the only thing we could hear was the man muttering his prayers.

"Me? Or you mean that guy?" New girl asked her.

"Everyone." She answered when the doors opened we started walking out and across the structure. I was in front of Ali, which meant Sae byeok was a bit behind me. When we got back to the main area, the other team looked at us. The room went silent. Which I hated. I wonder who else would be coming back tonight. We went to our little area and sat down. Before I could sit down though, Sae byeok pulled me onto her lap.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, she hadn't been ok since the end of that game.

"I'm just tired." She said to me before resting her head on my shoulder. Soon it was time for dinner. We got some corn tonight.

"You know what! I really thought we were going to die out there. And then, as soon as we're all leaning back, I felt so powerful. Like, 'whoa! It works. Is this real?' Hey, old man, how do you know that?" Annoying woman asked 1.

"As a kid, I would always- -" He started with a smile before he was cut off.

"Oh, you copied that one thing. From that movie. What's it called? The guy who dodges bullets like this. Right?" She asked while acting out the thing.

"Matrix." Ali answered, she just hummed.

"Hey, when you got to Korea, is all you did watch movies? And our man...'everybody, three steps up when I signal.' Oh. My God, I can't believe how cool that was. How did you come up with it under all that pressure?" She asked both Ali and Sang-woo.

"Earlier, you were the one who said no." Ali said calling her out.

"Yeah? Was that what you heard?" She asked him, that's what we all heard.

"You cried and said, 'but that's the edge. There's no way I'll go.' Like that." He said mimicking her. He was accurate.

"You really did." I said to her.