8. Front Man

The walk back was quiet. I mean we'd just seen 12 people die of course it was going to be quiet. I still couldn't believe that Sang-woo killed that man. I kept looking back at Sae byeok, she must've sustained a bad injury especially if she had to her side the whole time. When we made it back to the dorm I helped Sae byeok to walk to our bed.

"I don't know what's going on, but we need to get a better look at what you're dealing with because this could be fatal." I said to her as I sat her down.

"Haneul, I promise it's not that bad. I will still make it to the end." She said to me, I knew she wouldn't. Something was telling me I didn't have long left with her at all.

"All I know is I don't feel like losing the love of my life today." I said to her while sitting next to her.

"And you won't." She told me. The doors then opened after the buzzing sound.

"Players, we sincerely congratulate and commend you all successfully making it through the first five games. The four of you are now the finalists and as such, we have prepared a special gift for each of you. Before we reveal the gift, please take a moment to change into the outfits we have brought." The masked man said to us, Sae byeok and I took a box before going into the bathroom. When she took off her top and I saw the shard in her.

"No, this can't be happening." I said to her in a whisper.

"I'll be okay, Haneul. Just get changed." She said to me before pulling the glass out. She grunted and I heard blood splatter on the floor, I looked away and held in my tears. I really was going to lose the love of my life. She then applied pressure to it.

"Let me." I said before ripping her shirt and wrapping it around her and tightening it around her waist. We then washed our hands and got changed.

"Haneul, if I don't make it. Please remember the good times that we had and not the bad times like this." She said to me while changing. It would be hard for me to not do that.

"I can try." I said to her.

"Good. I love you Haneul, please don't forget that." She said before kissing me softly on my lips. I kissed her back.

"I love you too." I said to her. When we walked back in, there was a table in the shape of a square. We were given steak, water, wine and vegetables. This was a nice dinner for a change.

"Tonight's feats is prepared as a token of gratitude for the sacrifice and effort that you finalists have made, and to encourage you all to preform even more splendidly in the final game. Now please relax and enjoy your feast." The masked man told us, I picked up my knife and fork and began to eat. We all started to eat except Sae byeok. She must be feeling weak. All I know is, I would definitely be filled up tonight. I grabbed my bread roll and started to eat it. But I couldn't help but to keep looking at Sae byeok. To ease my mind I drank some wine. After we'd finished eating I noticed that Sae byeok barely ate anything. But she needed strength. The masked men took everything away except a knife. Did they want us to kill each other. We all looked around. I wouldn't mind killing Sang-woo but not the others. I picked up my knife, if that man came anywhere close to me, he'd be a dead man. They took the tables out and I was hugging Sae byeok for possible the last time.

"If I die, Haneul. Promise me you won't try and die to be with me." She said to me.

"How can I make a promise I'll struggle to keep." I said to her. I then rested my head on her shoulder.

"Sae byeok, Haneul." Gi-hun said making Sae byeok pull her knife on him. "It's all right. I didn't come here to kill you both. You've been dozing off. I'd have killed you already if I wanted to. But Haneul would've been first. I have this with me because of Sang-woo there. Protection, you know." He said to us before putting his knife down. Sae byeok then put her knife down. He sat on the floor next to us. "You're not holding up too well, huh?" He asked her.