7. VIPS

The dorm area felt different with player 1 and Ali. But guess who was still here Mi-nyeon. She never died. I remember what she said when we walked in. She'd sat up and looked at us all. "Deok-su, honey, so glad you won." She said to him, he stammered and struggled to find what to say.

"How...how the hell..." He said to her in disbelief.

"What? You're looking at me like you've seen a ghost. Are you okay? The masked guys all called me this, 'the weakest link.' Like when nobody chooses you as a partner for things when you were a kid. Hey, this guy knows about it. The weakest link! And after that, they gently escorted me back to this dorm. Because...they said that it's all a part of a rule that...in the old days...not to let a kid turn into some kind of an outcast, I guess. Goddamn it! It's amazing, isn't it?" She asked before cackling. I looked at how many people were left. 17. I was just hoping I would make it through the next game. Surely I couldn't be any worse than this. We all gathered in our usual spot.

"Haneul, you're more quiet than usual. Are you ok?" Gi-hun asked me, I shook my head.

"It was hard, she made me promise all of these things before she sacrificed herself for me. I don't think I'll ever forget her and what she did." I said to them all.

"It's ok, you did what she did because she knew that you had a better chance at living." Sang-woo said to me, I guess that was true. When we were given food I was eating it on Sae byeok's bed because where else would I go. She was still upset over the game.

"Hey, I know it's hard. It's hard on everyone but we'll get through it." I said to her while sniffling. I saw player 69 who was alone. He'd just killed his wife. He took a stand. The guy just lost his whole world. I would hate to know how that feels. He stood in the middle of the room.

"Let...let's just stop all this. I can't keep doing this. I can't. The majority must agree. Well, come omen let's get out. Half of us, that's all need to end this right now. Don't any of you want to leave this horrible place? Anyone who wants to go, stand up. Let's get out of here." He said, no one stood with him. "How can you call yourselves human? How many of you can continue with this insanity just for the money? You just had to kill the ones you were closest to at this place, and you're good with that just to get the money?" He asked while crying, he was grieving after this game. We all were, maybe not Sang-woo. I hadn't seen any emotion from him and that had to have a reason.

"So what if we stop now? You think your wife will stop being dead if we all go now? And she'll forgive you for letting her get murdered? If you can't keep going, then why are alive right now? You should've been the one who died in there instead. See that? That's the price of being in here. And your wife and the others paid it with their lives. And you wanna go and leave? You wanna start from the beginning again? You ready to do all that, huh? Starting over again from nothing with that guilt. And is everybody here ready to do that as well? Go ahead! Stand up! Let's see who thinks they are. Get up and get out of here!" Sang-woo shouted, no one dared to move. The only thing we could hear was player 69 crying over the loss of his wife.

"I hate this game." I said to Sae byeok before eating some of my potato.

"I know but we're so close to the end. We can't give up." She said to me. But what if I did. Give up that was. After we'd eaten I cuddled up next to Sae byeok and fell asleep when the lights went out. I'd felt like I'd barely slept when the lights and music came on. I was exhausted. The alarm went off and they brought a coffin box in. Who died? I looked around and saw player 69 hanging. I gasped and then help Sae byeok.

"Player 69, eliminated." The announcer said, I let out a few tears. Money went in the pot before the number changed to 16. "Attention, all players. The fifth game is about to begin. All players, follow the staff's instructions and swiftly make your way towards the game hall." The announcer told us, we then made our way to the games room. I felt numb. Dehumanized by this whole thing. When we made it to the room there were 16 bibs in front of us. All with numbers from 1-16. This was an order. "Welcome, players, to the fifth game. Before we begin, please make your way down to the steps and choose one of the mannequins that you see presented before you. Once you've chosen, take the corresponding vest. They are numbered 1 through 16. Let me repeat the instructions. Please make your way down the steps and choose one of the mannequins that you see before you, and take the corresponding vest. They are numbered 1 through 16." She said before I looked around at the numbers. The religious one went forward and chose 6. He whispered something but I didn't listen. Another man went forwards and chose 7. I then went forwards and chose 13. Another guy came in front of me and chose 12. "Your attention, please. The numbers you see on the mannequins correspond to the order in which you will be playing. Please make your decision carefully." The announcer said while I was putting my bib on. I waited for Sae byeok to chose. When she did she walked over to where I was stood. She was 15. Sang-woo was 14.