29 -The End-

*Viktor's pov*

The dark clouds above me finally broke and the rain started to pour down.
I shifted my weight from one foot to the other not even carring one bit that my suit and shoes were getting ruined by the rain and mud.

The ceremony had been already over for quite a while and the grave diggers had even already closed up the holes but I still couldn't get myself to leave.
So I just stood there rutted at the spot unable to take my eyes of the two gravestones.

It was almost if something was keeping me from leaving.
Maybe it was that I still hadn't completely excepted that he really was gone or maybe it was the fear of having to deal with an uncertain future, without his guidance.

A while later I heard familiar footsteps approach and stop right behind me, his umbrella now shielding me from the rain.

"Vick...you can't stay here for ever." He quietly said and layed his hand on my shoulder.
"I know...I just...I don't know what to do." I sighed and leaned my head back against his chest. Feeling his warmth and being able to smell his earthy scent, almost emidietley managed to calm my nerves.

He gently kissed the top of my head and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.
"I didn't knew him that well but I think he would have wanted you to move on and just do your best."

"Yeah but... how am I even supposed to do this without him? I have no fucking clue how to be a good ruler." I questioned, hoping that maybe he could ease my worries about the future.

He again kissed the top of my head, grabbed my shoulders and then turned me around to face him.
"Vick, I'm right here with you and I will help you to become the greatest vampire king of all time. If that's what you truly want."

I nodded, it really was my wish to finally bring my people out of the shadows and try to fix out reputation by doing legitimate business instead of all the illegal stuff but I knew this process would take a lot of work and time.

Then a realization hit me and I blurted out what I was thinking.
"But what about your pack? You can't be alpha and help me with this. That would be to much work for anybody."

He just smiled and replied "Don't worry I already took care of that."

I froze. "Wait... what do you mean with 'took care of that'?"
He just shrugged. "Well... I'm nolonger the alpha."

"What why?" Worry took over my mind.
Maybe now that we are official his pack no longer wants him.... oh my god did he get kicked out of the pack because of me?!

Seeing my panicked state he quickly explained.
"Because I retired. I have more important things to do now and besides that I think someone more capable and with more passion should do that job. I never really wanted to be the alpha to begin with, I just agreed to it because everyone expected me to be it."

I sight in relief knowing that I didn't ruin this for him but that instead it had been his own decision.
"But wait who is the new alpha? I seriously hope it's not your weird cousin. Because honestly the guy is kinda creepy."

George laughed and kissed me on the lips.
"Nah don't worry. It's tradition that the beta becomes the new alpha, in case the alpha dies or retirees."

"So... Luke is the new alpha?" I asked with a raised eyebrow but George didn't really seem to notice my skeptical look because he just eagerly nodded.

"And how is that any better? No offense but Luke is kinda nuts sometimes. I mean, Julius told me that Luke actually wanted to kill my dad so..."

"Don't worry babe. I mean sure Luke definitely got a temperament but I got a feeling that ever since him and Julius meet that he was calmed down quite a lot." George explained, then he added with a wink "Beside if Luke has any stupid ideas or starts talking bullshit again, I'm pretty sure Julius knows how to stuff his mouth."

"Ugh BABE! That's so gross!" I complained while also trying not to laugh about his stupid innuendo.

With a heavy sigh I looked back at my parents grave.
"Don't worry Love, everything is going to be fine." George reassured me and grabbed his hand, leading me away.

"Yes I think you are right."

-----The End-----

A/N:
I'm not crying! I just got Sand in my eyes! 😭
Thank you all so much for reading, likeing and commenting. It really means a lot to me.
I had a lot of fun working on this story and I hope you guys had also fun.

If you liked Love, mates and other Mistakes then maybe check out my other story called Plattenbau.
It's a slow burn BL romance drama with quite similar humor and even better smut.