Chapter 1.

Sirius Pov

I ran through the barrier, and immediately smiled. The smell of smoke from the train, cats, owls, and spilled potion ingredients filled the air. James popped out of the barrier after me, followed by Mrs. and Mr. Potter. Mrs. Potter already had tears in her eyes as she hugged us, and I laughed as she tried to smooth down James' unruly black hair. I shook Mr. Potter's hand, and then looked at my substitute parents. This was home, not with my stupid, stuck up parents in our stupid, grimy house.

Shake that thought, Sirius, I thought to myself. This is a happy day. Don't concern yourself with them.

"Oh, my boys," Mrs. Potter cried, "headed to their last year at Hogwarts!" She rushed forward, and hugged us again.

"Oi! Mum, you're crushing my ribs!" James laughed, and then he started walking to the train, shouting as he went. "I love you! See you for Christmas break!"

"Goodbye, Mrs. Potter! Bye, Mr. Potter!" I called, following James onto the train. We headed to the back of the train, where our compartment was. I heard James start to talk about Lily, and I tuned out and thought about my summer. More specifically, the eyes. 

All summer, I'd been having dreams about a pair of eyes. I had no idea whose they were, but they were gorgeous, amber eyes mixed with honey, starting out light and getting darker towards the outside of the eye. Hopefully, I could figure out whose they were, and get them out of my head. It really was quite annoy-

"Oi! Padfoot!" James yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Are you listening?''

"Yes, Prongs," I replied dryly. "You were talking about Evans. How her eyes were perfectly almond shaped and the most perfect green, and how her red hair falls perfectly. You tell us everyday, mate."

He opened his mouth to respond, but luckily I was spared his indignant 'I do not' that I knew was coming by our arrival at the compartment door. I slid the door open, and saw Remus, Peter, and... 

"Lily? What are you doing here?" James asked. He made a big show of lifting up his trunk and showing off his muscles. He then plopped down next to her and flung his arm around her. To my surprise, she didn't shove it off like she usually did, but said coolly, 

"I was telling dear Remus here about my summer." I noticed Remus' smirk, and I immediately made the connection. I made a note to ask Remus later.

Lily and James continued talking, so I sat next to Remus. 

"Hey Moony. Wormtail."

He looked up at me, and I saw his eyes. For the first time in almost seven years of friendship, I really noticed them. Amber. Honey. Starting light near the pupil. Dark towards the outside. The eyes from my dreams. My breath caught in my throat, and I froze.

 I couldn't be in here. It couldn't be him. I couldn't be gay. I'm not. My breathing got harder, so I ran out, not knowing where I was going. Frankly, I didn't care. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Remus Pov

There's a feeling you get when you run through the barrier and find yourself looking at the beautiful scarlet train and all the people bustling about. The scents and sounds of animals, potions, food, etc. It tingles. Runs from your toes up to your brain, and you find yourself smiling. It's been the same way for 6 years. Why would seventh year be any different? 

I walked up to the train and boarded. My parents had to work, so we had already said goodbye and cried a bit together about my last year at Hogwarts. I found the compartment we always have, which was luckily empty. I sat down and found my thoughts turning to Sirius.