Chapter 9

Only a few more pages remained for her to complete her lesson, while the furball curled up on her pillow, sleeping

The furball was awoken by her ringtone and instantly left the room to sleep comfortably somewhere else. It was Jimin.  "Are you done with your studies?" he asked her.

"Almost done with it. How about you, Jimin? " 

"I completed it somehow. Do you like rice cakes? " 

"Aah yes, I do. Why do you ask? " 

"I'll bring them for you tomorrow," He chuckled as he heard her gasp.

"You don't have to spend your..." Before she could continue her ranting, he screamed, making her deaf. 

"What happened, Jimin? Jimin? ", Her voice verified that she was scared and worried about him. 

"Where are you, Jiminah?"

"A... butterfly"

"They won't hurt you, Jimin. Close your eyes for a few seconds and take deep breaths with me, "she said as she heard his breath getting uneven. 

"I can't" He choked out, leaning against the wall, trying his best to focus on her voice.

She hummed a song, the one her mother used to sing to her, hoping it would help him tame his anxiety. 

He closed his eyes, trying his best to stabilize his breath, focusing on her voice. Her voice had a crazy range and depth, making him wonder how she would make a better vocalist with her unique voice. He noticed the crack in her voice as she tried to continue.  A smile crept across his face, listening to her singing off-key. 

All she could hear was her voice
and his steady breathing on the other line, which assured her that he'd be fine soon.

 "Thank you, Jen," he whispered, a smile forming on both their faces. 

"How many times have you gone through this? " She enquired, to which he sighed.

"Why don't you go sleep early today, Jiminah? I'm almost done with mine and will join you soon. "

"Ooh okay ... So I will see you tomorrow in class. "Good night, Jen " 

"Good night, Jiminah," she chirped.

Focussing back on her book, she lay on the bed, determined to complete it as fast as possible. Skimming through the pages, she managed to complete it within a few minutes and decided to text Seokjin.

Jenny :
Hey Jin, I'm done with mine.
What about you? 

She waited for a few minutes, hoping that he would reply to her text sooner, but little did she know that his mother had confiscated his phone.

Jenny
I guess you have slept already? I
will see you in class then.
Good night...

She went into the living room, where her father was curled up on the couch with the puppy in his lap. She slid down onto the floor, making herself comfortable before grabbing the remote from her father, who had the news playing on the television.

"I thought I'd miss today's epi," She mumbled, her eyes glued to the television, more precisely on her favorite star. Choi Minho, the flaming charisma, with his charming smile that could melt any heart, including hers.

"Stop simping over him, will you? " Her father shook his head, staring at her side profile as she watched Minho with her sparkling eyes. 

"Eomma, tell your husband to leave me alone." She yelled at the top of her voice, while her father frowned at her. 

"What's happening over there? " Her mother stepped into the hallway, and Jenny's gaze returned to her father.

"Your beloved husband isn't letting me watch this drama in peace."
Her mother sighed, watching both of them. "

"She has classes tomorrow and you're letting her watch this." Her father commented as she glared at him in disbelief.

"Just this epi, mom, and I'll go sleep," she whined, while her mother sighed.

"Fine, but you'll have to keep in mind that we won't be there to wake you up in the morning tomorrow. Do keep the volume down. I'm off to bed now. "