Chapter 17

The room was simple, with a small wooden bookshelf near the door, and the walls were a soothing blue that evoked feelings of security and trust

A bed in the corner of the room held a mound of covers. The room is well ventilated, with two large windows decorated with small indoor plants to add beauty.

"You have a nice room." Jin scanned the room, his gaze fixed on one of the photo frames on the study table.

"I'll get us something to eat," Jen said, walking towards the kitchen while he examined the photograph. It was a family photo of hers. Jin recognized the girl in the photo who was hugging her eomma and smiling mischievously as her. His brow furrowed as he fixed his gaze on the unknown figure in the photograph, who stood beside her father with a cheeky smile.

'Might be someone special to her,' Jin reasoned as he stood at the door, waiting for her. She was soon seen carrying a tray containing juice and pastries for them.

She sat at the table, helping herself and her companion to the brightly colored pastries.

"Let's get started with our projects," she said. Her eyes scanned the list for their topic. The project was about mental health. She placed the phone on the table and returned her gaze to him, who was eating his pastries.

"It's about mental health." She informed him.

She was grateful for the golden opportunity to initiate a conversation about it so that she could try to help him without him realizing it.

He was a little uneasy about the subject, but he tried to dismiss it.

"How do you feel about this, Jin?" She inquired, taking a bite of her pastries.

"...well, it's a crucial stage that can influence how we think, feel, and act," Jin spoke up.

"Exactly. Everyone in the world feels lonely and sad at some point in their lives. We tend to overthink, which can have an impact on our minds, physical health, and even the people around us. So, no matter what, we'll have to protect it by creating an environment in which we can try to seek help and say that things are hard when it's hard for them...and we can say that if you miss someone."

His phone interrupted any further discussion about the subject, and with a nervous smile, he moved away from her to answer his mother's call. After informing his mother that he was at Taehyung's house, he waited for Jen's reaction and was relieved when she smiled.

Her gaze swept over him, lingering at his wrist, where his wound was. She rummaged through the cabinets until she found a small first-aid kit and waited for him.

Jin was quiet, flinching slightly as she applied the antiseptic to his wound. His gaze trailed hers, admiring her. She sighed and looked up at him when she noticed the fresh cuts on his wrist. His heart was pounding in his chest as he anticipated the questions that would be posed to him.

They flinched a bit when a loud knock was heard on the windowsill. Sighing loudly, she stood up and peered through the curtains, while Jin stood beside her, and discovered Jimin and Taehyung, both grinning like children.

"There's a door for a reason," she mumbled, still unlatching the window shutter to let them in.

"I need a little assistance here," Jimin whined as he struggled to enter the room, only to be dragged in by them.

They talked for the better part of two hours, making plans for the weekend.