Chapter 18

With each step, Jin took towards his house, his heartbeat at an incomprehensible rate

With each step, Jin took towards his house, his heartbeat at an incomprehensible rate. She's going to be upset with him again.

He rang the doorbell and stood there, enjoying the silence before the impending storm. His mother looked stiff when she came into view.

"Have you seen the time, and where were you?"

Her piercing gaze made him nervous, and he tried to come up with an excuse.

"Remember how we had a group project to complete?" Jin spoke up, slowly meeting her gaze.

"Are you lying to me?" She became enraged at him and raised her voice.

"Why should I lie to you? If you want, you could contact our teacher." Jin tried to explain, but she sneered back.

"Stand outside for an hour. I have to teach you a lesson so that the next time your curfew expires, you'll be on time." She screamed as she slammed the door shut.

It was nothing new to him. It was one of the punishments he looked forward to the most. He could look up at the moon, which was dangling in the sky.
The moon's shape changes every day, just as his emotions and thoughts do at night.

Waiting for the moon to slip away again, longing for the warmth of the sun. Masking the truth by veiling or disguising himself with a smile.

...

"You weren't supposed to hug her back, Seokjin!!" exclaimed the teacher, staring at the pair.

"I couldn't resist, she's so huggable," Jin mumbled as he heard her giggle, her arms still wrapped around his waist.

"I'll reinvestigate his case for you." Seokjin pulls his face away from hers, his thumb caressing her red cheeks and wiping away the dried tears with the pad of his finger.

"I trust you," Jenny murmured, a faint smile on her face.

"First and foremost, let's get you home, and maybe we can discuss the case after you've gotten over your hangover tomorrow," Seokjin said as he helped her to her feet and exited the scene.

"You guys did an excellent job. You were both perfectly in character, and instead of acting it out, you were living it." As they finally joined the rest of the students down the stage, the professor expressed his gratitude to both of them. Bowing to the professor, they took the seat next to Taehyung, who greeted them with his boxy smile.

"Are you all right, Jen?" When Jin was called by the teacher, Taehyung whispered.

"I'll be fine." She murmured, her eyes welling up at the thought of it.

"How about we hang out after school to cheer you up?"

"No, we can't today. Remember, we both have projects to work on?" Jenny sulked.

"It's at your house, right?" Taehyung inquired, a smirk on his face.

"It is. You're planning on crashing at my house again, aren't you? ," she narrowed her eyes at him, who had a sheepish smile.