八 (Eight)

A/N:

I'm sorry. 😢

So sorry.🥺

Enj...😶

Never mind.🤭

-B.🧸😢

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Third Person POV)

Four days had passed since Elle left for the conference and things were...okay.

Koan spent every minute he could at the gym working out or in the office doing some paperwork. He occasionally spoke to Renzo and his mother called once a day to check on him.

Elle had called him at least four times a day and FaceTimed him before bed. She also made him send her his vitals everyday. The majority of their phone calls were of her telling him everything she had done, see, and heard that day.

The person the hospital had sent with her was Hollis. Hollis was the newest nurse who joined around the same time Dr. Dimaria did. Hollis was very nice and very talkative. She didn't shut up the entire plane ride. Elle had told Koan that that made her miss him even more. She had grown very used to either being the one talking the most or sitting in comfortable silence. Hollis apparently had an issue with silence and being quiet.

Also, Elle was enjoying the free stuff she was getting. Every time she got something she would send a picture of it to Koan.

She wasn't too big on the nightly fancy dinners though. She said there's only so many nights a person can get dressed up, eat a three course meal, and socialize before they start to go insane. She said she'd like to not go, but the dinner is a time to socialize with other nurses, doctors, and investors. Plus she had to admit that the food was insanely good.

"Koan," Renzo called, breaking Koan from his thoughts. "I gotta run some errands. You good?"

Koan glanced around, saw that besides him there were nine people, and gave Renzo a thumbs up.

He didn't care many people were actually in the gym. He cared if Masaki was one of those people. Masaki had been at the gym everyday when Koan was there.

He was usually sparring with Roland, his own men, or working out alone on one of the machines. Wherever he was and whatever he doing in the gym, he was never far from Koan. He'd tried speaking to Koan a few times, but Koan always ignored him.

A few hours passed by and Renzo had yet to return. Only Roland and two others were left by then. Koan, deciding he should at least get some office work done, headed for the showers.

He walked into the empty locker room, stripped off his clothes, and stepped into the shower. Koan tilted his head down and let the water rush over him.

He lifted his head up and ran a hand through his hair as he heard the door open and close.

"Elle enjoying Cali?" Roland suddenly asked, stepping into the showers.

"Yes no."

Roland chuckled. "Yes and no. Would it be just yes if you were there?"

"Yeah." Koan grinned.

They spoke a little more before Roland finished up and left.

Koan didn't. He always spent a little too long in the shower. Sometimes it was because he kept getting lost in his thoughts or he was enjoying the water. No matter how lost he got in his thoughts, he was still always aware of his surroundings.

For instance, he was aware of the door opening and closing after Roland had left. He didn't hear them speak or make any noise so he quickly shut off the water, grabbed his towel, and stepped out of the shower.