Chapter 2

Jessica’s POV

                As I stepped off the plane, I got a lot of strange looks from other people. Although, now that I think of it, I can understand why. I was wearing an orange tank top with white shorts. It was colder in the US than in my little town in Greece. I fiddled with the angel-heart charm on my bracelet. He gave it to me the week before I left and I haven’t removed it since. He didn’t know I was leaving; he just gave it to me.

                I avoided the wandering eyes and went towards the baggage claim. “Oh my lord Jessica! Look at this place! It’s much bigger than our little airport in Greece!” I chose to ignore my mother’s attempt to amuse me. I replaced the sound of her voice with music.

“I always knew that you'd

Come back to get me

And you always knew that

It wouldn't be easy

To go back to the start

To see where it all began

Or end up at the bottom

To watch how it all ends”

I hummed to myself when I heard someone calling my name. “Jessica, are you listening to me,” asked my mom in an annoyed tone. I looked at her and shook my head. She sighed, “Well you are 18. Go out and get some coffee while I wait for our bags.” I took no hesitation and ran towards the nearest Starbucks.

“That’ll be $4.95.” said the girl at the counter. I exchanged my money for the cup of coffee and sat down. I pulled my phone out and went on Twitter.

“@Jessica_Luv: At the airport, about to go to 1D concertJ”

I felt a tap on my shoulder. “Excuse me, you dropped this.” I looked up at two green orbs staring into mine. The man had curly hair and was carrying 5 coffee cups. “Thanks.” I told him. I looked down at the paper and saw someone’s phone number on it “Um…this isn’t…” I looked back and the man was gone.