Long, Hard Day

Fred came home from the shop and saw you sleeping on the couch. that only meant that you were not only tired but had had a hard day at work.

he came home with the idea of spending the rest of the day with you and, he was not going to lie, the thought of waking you up was there in his mind, but he knew better than to wake up someone that was tired from work. he knew first hand.

he decided that maybe, just maybe, you'd like it if, for dinner, you had your favorite food. now, he wasn't the best chef in the world but he always tried his hardest for you, the person that meant the most to him.

going into the kitchen, with the recipe in hand, he began taking out ingredients, and whatever was needed for your food. he also liked this recipe a lot, so it was something you both got to share.

after twenty minutes, you woke up and started sniffing the air, cutely like a bunny. "Freddie?" you softly asked, your voice sore because you just woke up.

"yes, love?" he asked, while he was coming to the living room. he gave you a small kiss on your forehead.

"are you..." you yawned, which he found awfully adorable "are you cooking?"

he nodded, excitedly "indeed I am, darling. or I was. I cooked your favorite food today. I saw you sleeping on the couch and you never sleep there unless you're really tired so I just thought... why not?"

you smiled at him and gave him a quick peck "thank you, love". he smiled back.

"let's go eat, yes? and you can tell all about your awful day"

it was those moments where you looked at him and thought that probably, in another life, you had saved the magical world before the dark lord even existed. that you had won the lottery and being with Fred, like this, was your prize.

yeah, it had been a long, hard day, but it was worth it if at the end of it you were seeing Fred.