Breaking Point

Madison's POV

"Corbyn, if I did something let's talk about it," I stuttered.

Corbyn refused to look at me as he finished packing the rest of my stuff. He zipped the suitcase and put it in front of me. "You're a security risk," he snapped. "I cannot believe you went and told Eben what's going on. We tried to protect him and you've put him in significant danger."

"I did what I was told," I snapped back at him. "If you have an issue go ask Daniel because he forced me into it."

Corbyn let out a frustrated sigh before glaring at me. "He said you wanted him to keep it a secret," he sighed. "Not to mention how close you are or were to Martin ."

"So you just throw me out?" I asked, shocked about everything that was happening. "How dare you just accused me of being with Martin? He approached me."

"And you didn't think to say anything?" Corbyn asked as I headed downstairs. "You led me to believe Zach attacked you. I could've killed an innocent person."

"And that is not her fault!" Jonah snapped. "We get that you're stressed but beating up Zach is on you. She did what she was told by Daniel."

"This could kill all of us," Corbyn argued.

I couldn't deal with him anymore. I took my suitcase and pushed past the two boys. Jonah pushed Corbyn out of the way and I felt him grab my arm. "Where will you go?" He asked.

I shrugged as I put the bag in the backseat. "Anywhere but here."

"Come on... don't leave. You can have my room, I'll move to the couch," Jonah offered.

"I'm too much of a risk," I growled and got in the driver's seat. "Move so I can leave."

Jonah bit his lip as he tried to think of what to do. "Okay. Just stay here for a second. I'll be back in a minute."

I nodded and he ran into the house. What could he possibly be up to? He reappeared with a key and a piece of paper. "I was about to sell my old house but I'm taking it off the market for now. Here's the address and the key. Feel free to stay there as long as you want."

"You don't have to... I can stay at a friend's or with my mom," I said replied in surprise.

Jonah gave me the key and address. "I know that you like to have a place of your own to study and you want your freedom. If you need anything just call."

I nodded and turned on the car. "Thanks. See you later."

Corbyn's POV

"What the hell was that?" Jonah yelled as he stormed into the house. "You blamed her for no reason!"

I couldn't even look at him. There was no way to explain it. I'd tried to keep calm but I flipped out after meeting with Alexia. "I don't know what happened..." I mumbled.

Chloe walked downstairs and got between us. "Guys that's enough. If you're not going to be there for my sister Corbyn, then don't blame others for your choices."

Jack walked in and I noticed Chloe looked nervous. "Hey baby," Jack said and pulled her close. "What's going on in here? Where's Maddie?"

"At the house I was selling," Jonah snapped.

"What?" Jasmine asked as she came in behind Jack. "Why?"

"Ask Corbyn," Jonah snapped and grabbed a hoodie. "I'm going to go check on her. You want to come Jas?"

Jasmine followed Jonah out the door, leaving me to explain what had happened between Maddie and I. I wanted to call her but I didn't know what I would say if I did.

"Wait, if you and her broke up or whatever, why was she at the house with you and what does this have to do with Benjamin?" The officer asked and I sighed.

"I wish that was the end. Believe me," I replied.

The officer motioned for me to continue.