chapter 17

I turn down the blasting music. Nash turns his head as to ask why I did so. "Well I was just wondering... where exactly are we going? It is a school night, mustn't be out too late." I tell him.

  He giggles; its incredibly adorable, and I absolutely love when he giggles. I smirk and bite my lip. "Where going on an adventure!" He yells.

  "You are so mischievous!" I tell him lightly pushing his shoulder. Crystal leans forward and turns the radio up. I feel as if my ears will blow up; but I'm fine with that. Considering I love the song. 'Stolen Dance' blares through the speakers.

I roll down my window and stick my hand out of it. I wave it up and down; I pretend it's a dolphin. One like I saw at the aquarium when I was 9, ever since then dolphins have been my favorite. Nash laughs at me then rolls down his window. Followed by the back and the sunroof. I stare up and see the many stars and trees surrounding me. I crawl on top of the console and slowly rise up to where my upper body is out of the car.

    I smile and fling my arms up. I see the lights of the city. I reach for my bun and take out the elastic holding it together. My hair flys in my face and neck. The town is so glorious.

  I feel my leg being pushed and I see Crystal pop up beside me. She screams and laughs. Then she throws her arm over my shoulder.

   "I LOVE AMERICA" she screams into my eardrum. I smile as I see Crystal scream. But then I think, I think about my brother, my dad, and even my mom. I miss them, I love America, but I also love my family. Sadness grows inside of me. How I wish I could see my brother right now. I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Crystal going back into the car, bumping my leg on the way down. I look down and see her face. She peers up at me and motions me to come down too. I study the city one last time from this view. This is my home for now, this is my city, and these people, they are my family. And I love them. I smile to myself, and sit back down in my seat. I look over at Nash and he grabs my hand. Butterflies rush through my stomach and I smile. I'm myself with him. This is who I am.