Chapter 3

"Stop being such a baby!", she screams "You are 13! Stop crying right now! Go out there and take the test!" she yells at me. I sob. A powerful hand strikes my face. Im snapped out of it, knowing if I didn't do as mother told me I would be striked again. I straighten my skirt (as mother always made me) and walk into my classroom. I was now given my test booklet. The test to see if I would be eligible to move forward into a higher level of grading.

     "Awake sleeping beauty!" I heard the loud voice boom. I open my eyes to find Bri leaning over to shout in my ear. "Your reasoning?" I yawn. "Well I'm bored.... you have been asleep for 5 WHOLE hours", she sounds like a child, pouting like that. "Fine. I will stay awake, or at the very least attempt it", I stretch out my arms. Bri grins. "Yayyy!" she squeals.

   I scan the rows of seats filled with people. I see a small girl, shes with her parents. She sticks out her tounge at a little boy that is seated across from her. Her mother slaps her shoulder. She whispers in the young girls ear. The girl straightens her back and has a blank face on. She reminds me of myself. Having to do wahtever my mother says. She was slapped, I start to think my mother abused me. No, she didn't, I just got in trouble often. I'm crazy for thinking so low. Wait, stop it! Don't think about your past anymore, not about mom not, not about dad, nothing. I take a deep breath. No more past. I let out the air I was holding in. 3 more hours till we arrive.

   Bri extends her arms out, holding her phone in her hands. The camera is pointed at her and I. We take a couple pictures. We go back and delete some that were blurry or the ones Bri says she looks "awful" in. She posts one on instagram and sends me a couple so I can "remember her" even though we will she each other a lot,  I mean we will only live about an hour away from each other. I accept the texts by screenshotting them, because Bri forces me to.

_3hourspass___________________________________________________________________

   The student section is directed off first. Bri and I excitedly go down the stairs. "Guess what!" she squeals. "What?" I ask. "We are officially in AMERICA!" she yells. Some other kids turn back and smile. I have been waiting for this moment all my life. I look around at the Americans. I smile. I hope to make American friends. I look up at a sign.

    PENNSYLVANIA

Im staying in Pennsylvania for a year. This will be the best year of my life. I'm going to make the most out of this year. I will be myself and only myself. I will not care about what others think of me. I will be free, finally free. Free. Free of everything that has ever held me back. I'm now free of it.

     Free.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

   Sorry its short! I know I said I would put Nash in this chapter but I just really needed to update. I felt bad because I haven't in a while so I kinda rushed in an update in my free time. I'm just really busy right now. I'm just trying to figure my life out!! so I'm really sorry that it was short and I'm going to try to make the next one longer. Bye for now!!!