chapter 15

nash-
hey.

me-
hey stupid.

nash-
hurry I know u see me!!

me-
hold on!!

nash-
come on we can't b late! bout 2 leave u!!!

I look up from my phone.

"Come on! Crystal, Jade! Nash is waiting!"

Crystal stuffs a blueberry bagel into her mouth and snatches up her backpack. Cream cheese is smeared on the side of her mouth. She looks like she has rabies.

She notices me staring at her mouth and wipes the food off with her sleeve.

We all rush outside and into Nash's old truck. The odor in the worn down truck is strong and smells sorta like Abercrombie.

I'm not complaining, I absolutely love that store.

He zooms off as soon as we shut the door. Causing me to fling forward. I dropped on the floorboard. Then of course he slams on his breaks. So my head hits my seat.

I look up annoyed. He laughs so hard he can't breath so nothing comes out. He leans back and forth. I sit back in the seat and buckle up.

"You are the worst driver ever!" Hayes shouts.

"Agreed" I sarcasticly smile.

******

I walk into my first period with Nash. I see Jace glaring at us. I still don't understand why Nash and him hate each other. I can trust Nash, I know him more than Jace. I'd choose Nash's side if I had to. For now though since nobody wants to alarm me about what's happening I'm going to be friends with everyone.

I wave to Jace. He smiles. I'm not sure about why and what the conflict him and Nash have is about. I've been very careful about who to trust. Right now it's both of them. If neither one wants to tell me about the past then I have no reason to not be friends with both Jace, and Nash.

I take my seat and wait for the tardy bell to ring.

Coach starts his lesson. It's disgusting if you want my opinion. Everything he shows us on this stupid PowerPoint is graphic and awkward. I'm beginning to wonder why schools require us to take sex Education do they want us to vomit?

Laughter goes around the room as coach begins to teach us. I tune him out because I know most of this, and I'd rather not be scarred for life again. Plus my head is killing me. It's burning up in this room. I feel like I'm about to pass out. No stop. Dont freak out there's only 10 minutes till the bell. You can leave in a second. Dont worry.

I wait desperately for the bell and finally after what seems like a thousand years of waiting it rings. I quickly grab my backpack and rush out of the classroom. Not that the crowded hallway helps the situation at all.

I feel myself blacking out. I shake my head. I'm pushed back and forth because these people are so violent in the hallway. I feel like I'm falling, and sure enough I see the floor. Thankfully I didn't feel the hit only my shoulder is a little crushed. Honestly I can't feel anything.

I'm losing my breath. I feel like im suffocating. I attempt to control my breathing like how my therapist explained, but it's no use. I try to look around but my vision is blurry. My head is pounding. I can feel my body trembling. I want to find a place to hide. I attempt to get up but I feel too weak my arms turn to jelly and I plop back on the ground. I hear laughter and screaming. I try to focus and get up but everything is purple and blue. My world is swirling.