Krishna leaves for Kundina

Today Krishna had his eyes stuck on the doors of his palace. He continuously went to his palace balcony and checked if someone had arrived to meet him. After a long wait, Krishna saw the Brahmin standing at the door of Dwarka kingdom. He immediately ordered the doorkeepers to send the Brahmin to his room.

The servants escorted the Brahmin to the inner chambers. Krishna welcomed the Brahmin with the appropriate rituals of washing his hands and feet. He made the Brahmin seat on the high seat.

Pretending that he did not know anything, Krishna politely enquired the Brahmin of his purpose of the visit to Dwarka

Pretending that he did not know anything, Krishna politely enquired the Brahmin of his purpose of the visit to Dwarka. Brahmin took out the confidential letter of Rukmini and handed over the letter in Krishna's hands. Krishna took Rukmini's letter and started reading it..

(Most of the part of the story written below in this chapter is based on the references from Shrimad Bhagwatam)

After reading the entire letter, Krishna took the hand of the messenger into His own hands and addressed him with a smile. 

Krishna said, "Oh Brahmana, I am very glad to hear that Rukmini is eager to marry Me, since I am also eager to get her hand. My mind is always absorbed in thoughts of the daughter of Bhismak, that I could not even sleep at night. I can understand that the marriage of Rukmini with Sishupal has been arranged by her elder brother in a spirit of animosity towards Me; so I am determined to give a good lesson to all of these princes. I have heard about the beauty and virtues of this Goddess like woman, Rukmini. I know that she has entirely dedicated herself to me and she is flawless amongst all the women in this world. I can think of no one else as eligible as her to marry me. I will bring her, the undisputable beauty who deems Me the best, over here in Dwarka. Just as one extracts and uses fire after manipulating ordinary wood, after dealing with these demoniac princes I shall bring forth Rukmini, like fire, from their midst.”

Knowing the exact [astronomical] time of Rukmini's marriage, Madhusudana told His charioteer-

"Daruka, get the chariot immediately ready."

Daruka brought the Lord’s chariot, yoked with the horses named Saibya, Sugriva, Meghapuspa and Balahaka. Saibya was green like a parrot’s wings, Sugriva yellow-gold, Meghapuspa the color of a cloud, and Balahaka whitish. Daruka then stood before Lord Krishna with joined palms.