Rukmini ♡

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑Hello.. This chapter is just a compilation of all the verses describing Rukmini and her beauty. It's impossible to describe the beauty of Rukmini who is Mahalakshmi herself. Her divinity and beauty is such that is difficult to be seen even by the Gods.. But still, by reading these verses let's try to imagine the divine beauty..
I know this chapter might interrupt the flow of story but it's necessary to add this chapter to give more details and description about Rukmini, her virtues, etc. so that it creates a better base for further chapters. I will keep updating this chapter as I find more verses and information :)
(Arts used are not my creations. IG pages of the artists are mentioned in the watermark on the arts. If you like the arts please give credits to artists only)
๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

Yadavabhyudayam : (written by Vedanta Desika)

amanyatha EnAm thanayAm sa rAjA
rukmee cha mOhAth anujAm ananyAm
yAm Ekapathneem anaghaScha pumsaH
prajAsrjAm mAtharam Amananthi

"Bheeshmaka, the king of Vidharbha thought she was his daughter and his son Rukmi considered her as his sister out of delusion because she is the divine consort of the Lord, the mother of all beings, including Brahma, and birth less.

"Desika feels that Rukmini is more praiseworthy than even the Lord Himself, because she is the personification of His mercy." (Yadavabhyudayam chapter 12)

**************************************
Rukmini was found by Bhishmak on a lotus when he was walking near a pond. So here it is mentioned that she (Rukmini) was birth less. Similar to Devi Sita who was found from Mother Earth.. [Check this cute art of Bhishmak with little Rukmini 🥰]

Like I had mentioned in one of my previous chapters, Bhishmak and Rukmi were blinded by Rukmini's 'maya' that they were not able to recognise her divine form

[Rukmi with his baby sister Rukmini 🥺👇]

**************************************

"All the virtues found an ideal abode in her where they will be uncontaminated by faults and her form looked like the combination of the rays of the sun and the moon or of gold and gems, because her lustre was like a lightning. She grew up more and more beautiful as though wishing to delight Krishna for whom she has taken birth. Her playful activities were uncognisable except by the subtlest intellects, says Desika, and they were conferring blessings on the whole world." (Yadavabhyudayam chapter 12)