Rukmini's mercy

Holding Rukmini's hand tightly, Krishna rushed towards his chariot. Noticing this, Balram immediately attacked the enemies with his army. The army of Rukmi, Jarasandh and Shishupal headed by Jarasandh attacked Balram. Following Krishna and Rukmini, Shishupal and Rukmi attacked them with their arrows. The armies of Salva and Paundraka followed them.

Krishna was unarmed, but he had covered Rukmini completely. The arrows of enemies could neither touch Krishna nor Rukmini. Shielding Rukmini just by his hands, Krishna reached his chariot. He immediately jumped onto the chariot. Holding the hand of Rukmini, he lifted her onto the chariot.

Krishna made Rukmini sit comfortably on the chariot

Krishna made Rukmini sit comfortably on the chariot. Rukmini looked behind at the huge army that was following their chariot. She looked at her Lord with fearful eyes. Krishna smiled and said, "Don't worry Priye. Our army men will slay all the enemies."

Picking up his bow and arrows, Krishna started attacking the army of Salva and Paundraka who were following the chariot. Daruka raced the horses in the direction of Dwarka.

As the chariot raced through the lanes of Kundina, residents of Kundina watched in awe

As the chariot raced through the lanes of Kundina, residents of Kundina watched in awe. They saw their Ladobai united with the best amongst men, Krishna. Their wish was fulfilled. They knew there was no one else except Krishna who could match the beauty and virtues of their Bhaishmi. Happily, they blessed the couple in their minds. As the news reached King Bhishmak, he thanked the Supreme Lord Hari (Lord Vishnu) for fulfilling his daughter's wish and saving him from committing the sin of seperating LakshmiNarayan.

Krishna defeated the huge army that was following his chariot. In the city (Kundina), Balram defeated Jarasandh and the army. He chased Shishupal's chariot and defeated him too. However Rukmi escaped from the hands of Balram. Rukmi followed the chariot of Krishna and stopped Rukmini and Krishna at the outskirts of Kundina.

Blocking the way, Rukmi stood in his chariot. In a loud and arrogant voice he said-

"Oh Yadunandan, People unnecessarily praise you because they don't know your cunning nature. Today you might be feeling very proud by taking away my sister with you. But now I will slay you and break your false pride. I challenge you Krishna, if you have courage then fight with me."