Chapter 17 - Emotions

Ethan POV

I woke up this morning with a feeling of uncertainty. Maybe it's the bottle of Jack Daniels Nathan and I drank last night in our secret spot in the woods. It's a cave overlooking the town that only me and my brothers know about. We go there when we want to escape our lives for a bit. Being the soon-to-be alphas has been so much, and everyone's eyes are on you.
I got myself out of bed with a very intense headache. That alcohol did a number on me; I went to the bathroom to find some Advil in my cabinet to take. After that, I got in the bath with some very cold water. Regularly I bathed with extremely hot water, but since I have this hangover, I think it's best to go with the cold.
I got out of the shower, found some clothes, got dressed, and headed downstairs for breakfast. As I step out of my room Nathan does the same. Damn, we look like zombies.
"Good Morning," we both said sluggish.
"Good Morning, Huns," our mom responded as we walked into the kitchen.
"Good Morning boys. Did y'all get drunk last night? Again?" He asked after looking at the state we were in.
"We didn't get drunk. We just got tipsy," Nathan stated while sitting down at the table.
"What did I tell you guys about drinking on a school night" Now my dad is getting angry.
"Hunny, calm down. I guess there's a good reason," Mom said to Dad.
"It's always a reason they need to grow up and cope with life differently"
"Now explain to us why," she announced while walking over to us and laying a gentle hand on our shoulders.
"For the past few days, I haven't been feeling like myself at some points. My emotions are up, down, and all over the place" I vocalized.
"Me too. It happens mostly at school during the day," Nathan brought up, and I shook my head, saying yes.
"Maybe your wolf senses your mate. You both said it happens at school right? So focus on your surroundings when you start to feel emotional. Your mate might be around, and since you can't figure out who it is, they seem to be underage," Dad commented.
"Do you get these feelings too Dethan?" Mom asked.
"No not really. I mean, my feelings are high when I'm at school, but my emotions don't seem to be out of control."
"Did you sense your mate around?" After Dad asked him that, he froze. He seems to be hiding something from us.
"N-No" he stuttered.
"Okay, sweethearts, it's time to go to school. Have a great day," Mom said as she went around kissing us on our foreheads.
"And remember, Ethan and Nathan, check your surroundings. Bye, see y'all later," Dad noted.
"Bye," we all replied.
We all got in our cars and drove to school. I got out of my car in the school parking lot and began to walk to the entrance. This hangover is doing its job well. As we were walking, someone behind us shouted Dethan's name, and of course, we all knew who it was.
"Hey Liam" Dethan answered with a bright smile. I haven't seen Dethan smile this big in my life.
"How are you" Liam asked.
Here comes the emotions again. Let me do what Dad said check my surroundings. Right now, close to us are Liam and his two friends, Mya and Tanya, I think. It must be one of those, maybe Tanya even, because I get the same feelings in Maths and she's in my class also. It must be her. Damn, Percy, give me a sign.
Percy is my wolf; he has dark grey fur with white undertones and yellow eyes.
"The sign is right in front of you. What else can I do?" Percy answered sarcastically.
"You're so ahhh goodbye Percy," I said, frustrated and shut him out.
"Why are both of those so spaced out?" Liam questioned, bringing me back to the conversation being held in front of me.
"They both have a hangover from last night" Dethan mentioned.
"Ohh that's the reason they look lifeless. Anyways we're gonna head to our lockers and go to class. See you later" Liam said before walking away with the others. Now I'm slightly off edge it has to be her.
"Did you feel it too?" Nathan asked me as we continued to walk to our lockers.
"Yes, it must be Mya or Tanya but Percy is giving me no signs"
"Adonis is doing the same like they're no help right now," Nathan said after closing his locker.
"Maybe the emotions are clouding y'all judgment. Just close your eyes when the feelings come again and focus." Dethan expressed after listening to both of us.
"Ahh, the bell is about to ring any moment. Now, let's head to class," I tell the others before heading in the direction of our class, which is Supernatural 102.
We got to class as soon as the bell rang. The teacher began to write notes on the board but I was so out of it. There's a possibility that my mate goes to this school, and they may know what a wreck I am. I put my head on the desk and fell asleep. Five minutes before the bell, Dethan woke me up and informed me that class was finished so we could go.
Nathan parted ways with us because his class was in the next direction so Dethan and I strolled to ours. As we're going through the halls, Liam, Tanya, and Mya pass us. Here goes this feeling again. I mistakenly brushed against Tanya and felt nothing. Well, there goes one option; it must be Mya, then. We continued walking to our class because it was on the top floor, and the bell was about to ring.
Leadership Skills is the class we're in now, and like the last, I'm so unfocused. This is so not like me. I wrote some of the notes this time and did the quiz that was given. These classes seem to be going along very quickly. Just like that, I was in Maths class sitting down with my head on the table, waiting for Mr Johnson to come and start the class, and then I sensed the feeling coming again. I hold up my head just as Liam, Tanya, and two other boys walk into class together. Now I'm confused. I felt no sparks when I slightly touched Tanya, but yet I'm getting these emotions still. What the hell is wrong with me?
"Are you okay?? You look terrible" Liam asked as he was sitting down.
"I'm fine" I muttered.
"Okay, Mr grumpy, I was just concerned about your well-being," Liam responded. Then the bell rang as Mr Johnson came into class.
"Okay, class, take out your textbooks and turn to page 56," Mr Johnson announced, and then I raised my hand.
"Yes Ethan"
"Can I go to the nurse I'm not feeling well"
"Sure go ahead"
I packed up my things and went to the nurse's office. This hangover is doing something to me. I opened the door and walked in.
"What seems to be the problem?" the nurse queried.
"I have a migraine and it's not going away."
"Did you take anything for it?"
"Yes this morning before school"
"Okay, well, it seems like you need some rest. Come with me." I followed her until she came to a door and she opened it.
"You can lay down in here until you're feeling better"
"Thank you, Ma'am," I said after walking into the room.
"No problem, son," she replied, then closed the door.
I got into the bed, and before I knew it, I was out of it. As I was asleep, I felt myself in a dream-like world. I started to walk around until I came to a field full of lavender with a figure standing directly in the middle. Their calm and relaxing energy was pulling me towards them. As I was a few feet away, the person turned to me. The faceless person was my mate. The scent was there, but this person was a man. I'm straight.
"Hello Strom," the person said. Strom?? Who the hell is Strom
"The time has come," they announced, and everything started slowly fading away.
After a few minutes, I woke up and realized I was still in the nurse's office. So I got up and walked to the front.
"Oh, you're finally awake. How are you feeling now?" She asked
"I'm feeling a lot better thank you."
"Well it's the end of the school day the bell rang a few minutes ago so you can go straight home" she informed me
"But my classes.."
"I already informed your teachers you were here." Oh, thank the Moon Goddess, because I don't need detention right now.
"Okay thank you," I said with a smile before opening the door.
"Just doing my job," she smiles back.
As I took a step outside the office, someone bumped into me, and I fell to the floor. Wait, hold on, I just felt sparks. I got up, looked at the floor, and saw the person.
"Mate mate, mate," Percy screamed in my head.
"You got to be kidding me, Percy," I said to him as I stared blankly at the person on the ground.

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙
How do we feel 17 Chapters into the book?? Let me ❤🙏🏾

Vote🧡
Comment💚
Share💛