Chapter 2 - Help - Baby ✔️

[ Edited October 19, 2022]

☁️Please don't forget to support When Snow Falls by clicking the star button at the bottom of each Chapter. It would mean a lot to me to have you support my story by voting! Thank you! ☁️

 It would mean a lot to me to have you support my story by voting! Thank you! ☁️

__________________________________________________________

⚠️ Warning. This chapter contains sensitive content that may trigger others. There will be no warning before it happens. ⚠️

__________________________________________________________

Hearing gravel crunch under tires, I immediately panicked.

He's back...

Three days early.

My hands jerked as I tossed the black framed photo back into Daddy's desk drawer. I quickly made sure everything was put back exactly the way he left it before I closed the brown-eyed angel I missed so much back into darkness.   

Pushing the brown rolly chair back under the desk, I made a beeline for the hidden door and closed it firmly behind me.

I ran through the twists and turns of the hidden passages and climbed up the necessary makeshift ladders on each floor. I heard the front door slam shut as I wiggled through the crawlspace under the attic floor.

Pulling myself up from the opening, I scrambled to place the boards back into place and pushed the old box to conceal it.

Jumping onto my mattress, I clicked the cuff around my ankle and hid the shank of the old nail inside my pillowcase.

Footsteps pounded on the steps that led up to the attic and the familiar panic that I always felt every time Daddy came to visit clogged my throat. My heart pounded heavily in my chest as I felt the chilling waves of anxiety prickle through my veins.

I heard him unlatching the door before it swung open. Daddy walked in, looking clean-pressed in a navy blue suit, a white button shirt, and brown dress shoes. Black hair combed over neatly and beard trimmed short. For once, his hazel eyes weren't filled with anger, instead, they looked more... amused?