Chapter 9

POV: Liberty-Bell Snow

It was the same dream. Over and over again. The way his hands felt on my helpless body. How disgusted and dirty I felt. I just wanted to vomit right then and there.

I woke up in a sweat. I shot up in bed, taking deep breaths, clutching the sheets as the shock from the dream wore away. I looked around the room, still seeing that it was pitch black. It was early in the morning. I looked over on the night stand and saw that it was 3:00 AM.

As soon as I got my breathing under control, I listened carefully to the sounds in the room. I heard the waves of the ocean in the distance, I heard a few seagulls. Then, I heard the steady breathing of Liam on the floor. He was sound asleep by the sounds of it. Careful not to make any noise, I moved the covers and crawled to the end of the bed to check on him. He was covered with the sheets and had them tucked under his chin. He was curled into a fetal position. His free hand was tucked under his pillow, clutching it close. He looked impossibly adorable. He looked so young and child-like that it killed me.

I suddenly got an idea. I quietly moved back up to the head of the bed and got my phone. I went back down to Liam and took a quick picture so I wouldn't wake him up with the flash. The sudden light about blinded me. I flinched and inspected the picture. I swear, if Liam didn't look so peaceful, and I didn't want to disturb him, I would have screamed! The picture was absolutely adorable. Its my favorite one I've seen. It's definitely a keeper.

I slid back down to the head of the bed and fixed the sheets. I put my phone on silent and put it down on the night stand. I gently laid back down on the pillows and covered up, tucking my chin in the blanket. Once I was comfortable, I closed my eyes, and listened to the should of the waves and Liam's gentle breathing lull me back to sleep.

**********

Liam's POV

I was dreaming. The boys and I were on stage. We had just started preforming, "Strong." We were all getting into it and were having a blast interacting with the crowd. The fans were absolutely crazy! I loved every second of it. It was my turn.

"My heart, your heart, sit tight, like book ends.

Pages, between us, written with no end.

So many words we're not sayin'.

Don't wanna wait 'till its gone.

You make me strong."

We got into the chorus and were dancing and singing our hearts out, listening to the fans sing along. It was beautiful. Then, I happened to look over to the side of the stage. I saw a woman my age, along with a little girl, about the age of five, holding her hand. At first I thought it may have been Lou and Lux, but on closer inspection, it wasn't them at all. The woman was short, about 5'4 and had brown hair and warm caramel eyes. She smiled at me sweetly. Of course I smiled back.

Then I studied the little girl. She was absolutely adorable. She had golden brown hair, the same shade as her, Mothers? I assume she's her mother. She had beautiful chocolate brown eyes that looked quite familiar. She had bright pink lips and a gorgeous wide grin. She had a round nose and chubby cheeks. She was absolutely beautiful.

Then something clicked. I looked at the mother again. Her left hand, on her ring finger, was a ring. Simple, elegant. Then I looked at her face.

Liberty.

I heard something I thought I wouldn't hear for years.

"I love you, Daddy!" I faintly heard the little girl say over the crowd.