Chapter 3

POV: Liam Payne

I stood on stage, shocked by what I had just seen. I started to get angry. Then, I heard her scream. I looked into the crowd and I saw her face. She looked so scared. She needed help. She needed my help. I tried to help her, but it seemed like she just got farther and farther away from me. She started screaming again.

"HELP! HELP ME!"

"I'M COMING! HOLD ON!" I screamed back.

She just disapated. I could hear her, but I couldn't see her.

"Help!"

I woke up screaming. I was sweating and clutching the sheets. The blankets were on the floor. Great, now I had to wash them. I was breathing heavily and my door swung open.

"Liam! Are you okay?!" Zayn, Niall, Harry and Louis all yelled at the same time.

Shit. How was I going to hide this?

"....Yeah. I'm fine. Just a dream. What time is it?" I asked, desperate to change the subject.

"Almost 1 o' clock." Harry answered.

"What?! I slept that late?"

"Yeah. Don't worry. I cooked breakfast. There's some left for you. But I would hurry up and eat it. Niall's been eyeing it for the last hour." Zayn said.

"Alright. I'll be out in a minute." They left. They had to have known that something wasn't right. I was always the first one up. Now I'm waking up with nightmares? That was the first dream I'd had of her. Now I was thinking about her all day, and night. Great. Just what I needed.

I got out of bed and showered. I was thinking of ways to get my mind off of her. I was going to go to the gym for a few hours. Maybe that would get my mind off of things. I picked out my clothes for the rest of the day. I styled my hair into my usual quiff and put my Batman snapback on. I still can't believe I slept in until 1 o' clock! I looked in the mirror. I still looked tired in my sweat pants and a plain white T-shirt with my white Converse. Even after about eleven hours of sleep, I still feel like shit.

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I looked in the microwave to find my pancakes untouched. Wow. I thought Niall would've eaten them by now. I'm glad though. Seeing them made me realize that I'm starving. I scarfed them down in about two minutes. I looked up to see the rest of the boys staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." They all said at the same time.

"Oh. Right. Well, I'm headed off to the gym. I'll see you in a bit."

"Okay. Don't be gone too long!" Louis shouted out of the door.

"Right!" I yelled back.

I got into my black Chevy Silverado and drove to the gym that was about ten minutes away. I looked at the clock and it was about 2 PM. The whole ride was a blur. I kept thinking about her. I kept thinking about how I ruined the concert. I remember her face when I did it. I remember how she just ran. After I did what I did, she just ran. After what I did for her. She ran. I just wanted to help and she ran from me. I couldn't get that look out of my head. She looked terrified, as if I just started something I shouldn't have.

I pulled into the parking lot and sat there for a minute, calming myself. I got out and went to the trunk to get my gym bag. I got my water bottle and went inside. The smell of sweat and salt instantly hit me like a brick wall. I put everything in a locker and hit the weights.