Chapter 5

POV: Liam Payne

I pulled up to the house in ten minutes. The lights were still on. Shit. How am I going to explain this one? I am supposed to be "Daddy Direction." The responsible one. Yeah, this is so responsible. Notice the sarcasm. I guess there's no way around it. I went around to the passenger side door and opened it. I picked her up and carried her to the front door. I used my foot and knocked on it. Zayn answered.

"Liam-what the-"

"I'll explain everything in a minute Zayn. I'll be down in a second." I pushed my way through, passed Zayn and up stairs, into my room.

I put her on the bed and debated on whether or not I should change her. She wore dark blue jeans with a black tank top with tiger on it and a cream colored top underneath. I shouldn't. She'd probably freak out when she woke up. So I just took off her black Converse.

I left her in her clothes and pulled the sheets and comforter over her. I looked at her face before I walked out of the room. She looked so peaceful and safe. I looked back one last time and closed the door. I walked towards the stairs and saw the boys all looking up at me from the bottom.

"Hi." I said. I really didn't want to talk about this but I knew I had to.

"Who the hell was that?!" Zayn yelled.

"Listen-I can explain-"

"Damn straight you'd better explain! You've been waking up in the middle of the night for the past three nights! You had a nightmare this morning! This isn't like you Liam! You were gone for seven hours! We were starting to get worried about you! You didn't call or text! And then the best part was when you came through the door with a strange girl passed out in your arms!" Zayn blew up.

"I know-I know. Let's go to the lounge okay?" I walked down the stairs, passed the boys and into the lounge. I sat in the chair and they all sat in the couch across from me.

"Well? Explain." Louis said.

"Well, you remember the concert a few days ago?"  I asked.

"Not that concert again! Is that who that was?" Harry asked.

"Yes! That is her! Is there a problem with that?!" I defended.

"No. Liam, we didn't say that-" Niall started.

"Yes! You brought a girl, that you don't even know, home!" Zayn interrupted.

"Well, maybe I want to know her!" I shot back.

Silence.

"Now, let me explain! I was walking towards the truck as I was about to leave the gym, when I noticed she was following me. When I asked if anyone was there, she ran. So I ran after her to see who was watching me. I finally caught up to her and she said she wasn't safe and that she couldn't talk to me. I asked her why and she dropped to the ground and cried. I picked her up and she passed out. I couldn't just leave her there! What was I supposed to do? Drop her on the ground and drive away? You know I couldn't do that! This was my only option! Especially if she said she wasn't safe!"

More silence.

"You don't have anything to say? Louis? Harry? Niall?....Zayn?" They all looked down at the floor before Zayn got up and stormed off to his room.

"Well, I guess that's it then." I said, getting up and going into the kitchen.

"Wait, Liam?" Niall asked.

"Yeah?

"Um... Are you okay?"

"The truth?"

"Yeah."

"No. I'm not."

"What's wrong?"

"Niall, I'm so confused. I've never felt this way before. About anything in my life. She's-she's different. When I see her, I just, I don't know. I feel like it's just the two of us in the world. Niall, after that concert, all I saw was her. I couldn't get her out of my head. I still can't. I don't know what's wrong with me."

(A/N: Picture of the boys' house to the side.)