Chapter 4

POV: Liam Payne

I sat in the locker room of the gym for an hour, just thinking. I had been working out, trying to get everything off of my mind, for five hours. It was 7:50 PM by now. I couldn't stop thinking about her. Sweat dripped from my nose. I had to shower quickly before I left.

*****

My hair was still a bit damp from the shower as I walked to the truck. It was 8:15 PM. As I was about to open my door, I had a feeling someone was watching me. I looked up and saw a shadow shrink around a corner. Weird...

"Hello? Is anyone there?" I walked toward the corner. I stopped halfway and asked again.

"Is anyone there?" I made my voice firmer. I heard shuffling and then footsteps. They were running. Running away.

I quickly ran after them, trying to catch a glimpse of who was watching me. I rounded the corner just in time to see wavy, golden brown hair. Hair that I couldn't forget. I ran after her. I didn't know what I was doing. I just couldn't let her get away from me this time.

"Hey! Wait! Come back!" I tried to soften my voice so I didn't scare her. I turned left and saw her running straight. She was a block ahead of me. I could catch up. I would catch up. I pushed myself to move my feet faster. I had this feeling of adrenaline and I moved faster than I ever have before.

"Wait! Hold on!" I yelled. I was so close. I reached out and grabbed her arm. She turned around on a dime, almost making me face plant. I looked at her face. The face that's been torturing me for the passed four days. Except she was crying. She looked terrified yet relieved at the same time.

She opened her mouth to say something but she immediately stopped herself. I looked into her beautiful light brown eyes. The same eyes that had been driving me crazy for the passed four days. She looked at me with her wide eyes, full of shock. I had to think of something to do. Something to say.

"Hi." I said breathessly.

".....Hi." Her voice was full of doubt. But it was beautiful none the less.

"Wow. Um...Can I ask why you were running?"

"I have to go." She said, turning away from me.

"Wait." I said, touching her shoulder. I instantly felt heat run through my body. "You can talk to me."

"I can't." She tried to pull away.

"Why? Why can't you talk to me?" She dropped to the sidewalk and started sobbing. "Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. It's okay." I bent down and rubbed circles in her back, trying to soothe her.

"I-It's not s-safe." She stuttered through her sobs.

"It's okay. You're safe with me. I promise." I picked her up, bridal style, and carried her away. She buried her head in my neck and tightened the grip she had on the collar of my shirt. Chills ran up my spine at her touch.

She went still in my arms. I felt panic run through me as I checked to see of she was okay. I felt her breathing and I instantly relaxed. She was just passed out. I carried her to my truck and put her in the passenger seat. And buckled her in. I got in the car and started my way home. The first thing that popped into my head was,

What am I going to tell the boys?