Chapter 6

POV: Liam Payne

After Niall and I talked in the kitchen for half an hour, I went upstairs and into my room. I sat in my chair and listened to some music. "Kiss Me" by Ed Sheeran came on. The perfect song for this moment. I just watched her sleep. She looked so safe now that she was with me. I enjoyed the look of her sleeping in my bed. She seemed so secure now. Before she passed out, she looked so breakable.

If I ever find the guy that did this to her, that made her so afraid of life, and what he did that night, it will be his last day walking on Earth. No one deserves to be treated like that. Especially a woman. When I saw him do what he did, something inside of me snapped. Something that I didn't even know I had. I felt an amount of anger that I've never felt before. It felt so unnatural in my body but it was like it was always there, waiting to come out. Like I'd always had it.

"Mmmmmmm..." I froze. I looked at the bed and she groaned. She flipped in the bed violently. She kept tossing and turning. "Ahhhhh! Help!" She screamed.

I ran over to the bed and tried to wake her up I shook her and held her close to me.

"Ahhhhh!" She screamed again. I held her tight.

"Hey! It's alright! Wake up! It's just a dream! Wake up! Now!" I yelled. I rubbed her back and her eyes shot open. "Shhhh. It's okay. You're safe. You're fine. It was just a dream."

I rubbed circles in her back. She just wrapped her arms around me. She didn't try to get away from me like I thought she would. She buried her head in my neck and cried. She held me tight and I did the same to her.

"Shhhh. It's okay. You're safe. You're with me. You're okay." I soothed. She finally stopped crying and she just sat there in my arms. I played with her hair. I'm surprised that the boys didn't come rushing in.

"Thank you." She finally said. I shivered when I heard her voice.

" Y-you're welcome. Do you want to talk about it?" That was all I could think to ask.

"No. It was just a dream."

"Are you sure?" I'm here for you."

"Yeah. Thank you. But, where am I? How did I get here?" She started asking questions.

"You're at my house. You passed out back at the gym and I couldn't just leave you there. So I took you with me. And here we are."

"How long have I been out?"

"About two hours."

"Oh...."

"Do you know who I am?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you know who I am?"

"Yes. You're Liam Payne. From one Direction. I'd know you anywhere." That made me smile.

"What's your name?"

"Liberty-Bell Snow."

"Liberty-Bell, do you remember what happened a few nights ago? Maybe at a concert?

".....Yes." She said quietly.

"Liberty, I think we need to talk about it." She was silent for a minute. I was desperate for answers. She finally spoke.

"Okay." She sighed.