Chapter 8

Heyy guys! I hope you're enjoying the story so far and keep voting and commenting! If you like what you've read vote and let me know! The votes are pretty low and I'd like to get them to at least 20 (hint hint) It would be a huge help, plus the chapters would get more exciting! Yes that's right, it can get better lol ;) Lana XxXxxXxXxxXxXXxXxxX

Chapter 8 Harry's POV

Everyone is looking at me, expecting me to say something to justify my behaviour but too many thoughts are swimming round my head. I didn't even notice Louis leave after Jess and part of me hopes he caught up with her and tried to apologise on my behalf for my behaviour. I should never have started on her like that. For all I know, she could've been planning to rebuild our friendship but there I go fucking it up, again.

"I don't know why you continue to put up with that girl, Harry. She's a huge pain in the ass plus the publicity for you relationship has died down. Why carry on dating her?" Hannah asks, eventually breaking the silence.

"I know, I'll end it soon. I've got a lot going on right now, my relationship with Frankie is not number one on my list right now." I sigh, taking a seat beside her on the large cream sofa and burying my head in my hands.

What is my priority right now? Is it to rebuild a friendship with Jess? Do I really want that? Would she want that? I have so many unanswered questions circling my mind. If I hadn't have been such a dick, maybe she'd still be here to answer those questions. Before Hannah can interigate me further, Louis comes bursting into the room with a huge grin on his face. "Did you talk to her? What did she say?" I ask him eagerly.

"I got her number!" He smiles, waving the pink card in front of my face.

"What?! You genius Louis! I love you!" I exclaim, kissing his forehead and snatching the number from him. If she's willing to give me... well Louis, her number, maybe she's willing to keep in touch with me too.

"Okay, who's number? I'm confused." Liam asks.

"Jess' you idiot. I ran after her hoping to change her mind about leaving again. She still left but she gave me her number just incase we needed to get in touch with her." Louis replies.

"Oh right. So you do like her." Liam smirks but I shake my head in response.

"I just want to be friends again. I don't want her to leave for another five years." I reply rubbing my head. It's sore. Probably because of all the shouting and bad thoughts going through it.

"You do Harry, just admit it." Hannah exclaims.

"Yeah, come on Harry. It's okay if you do. In fact, I'd be surprised if you didn't." Louis says.

I watch as he wraps his arm around Hannah's shoulders and she leans into him as if by habit. They don't even need to think about their actions, they're just that comfortable with each other. A sudden pain of jealousy shoots through me. Louis is so lucky to have a girl he loves and never shuts up about. I want that, I want that back again. I want my Jess back...

What? No.

Do I? Do I really want her back? I don't know.

"Harrryyyyy." Louis says, waving his hand in my sight direction.

"Huh? Oh um... I don't know yet. Just let me figure some things out first."

They smile at me, almost sympathetically which annoys me. I know they mean well but I don't need or want their sympathy. I can handle all this myself. "Are you coming back to the house with us?" He asks rolling his eyes.

Louis and I share a house together, just like many other things. I admit, the house is always messy but Hannah cleans the odd time when she's around. She can't stand the empty take-away boxes and dirty dishes lying around. I try to help out but most of the time I'm either too busy or too lazy.

"Erm, okay. I suppose. As long as I'm not a third wheel." I reply. Being a third wheel is the last thing I need right now. In fact I might just head straight to my bedroom instead of watching them get on all coupley in front of me.

"Harry! You're never a third wheel!" Hannah laughs, ruffling my hair as she walks to the door.

I hug the rest of the boys, promisng them that I'll keep it touch and let them know how things go with Jess. I apologise to Lucie and tell her to email our manager the rest of the questions and we'll hopefully get them back to her by tomorrow. I also explain to her that none of this was Jess' fault and I ask her to take it easy on her tomorrow if she's in work. Maybe let her have some time off. If I know Jess the way I think I do, she'll want to do as many things as she can to take her mind off of this awful day.

I follow behind Louis and Hannah, feeling like a third wheel already. They're hugging and kissing completely forgetting that I'm right behind them. I jump into the car and sit in the front beside Gerry, our body guard/driver. There's no way I'm sitting beside them two while they stare lovingly into each others eyes.

"Where to Mr Styles?" George asks, making me roll my eyes. I hate it when he calls me that.

"That's my dad George, I'm Harry. And we're going to the house."

"Oh yes, sorry Mister... Erm Harry."

I look down at the pink card Louis had got off Jess. Kiss Magazine? I never knew she worked for a magazine until now. Well, I wouldn't have. I haven't spoken to her or seen her in five years. She was always good at English and journalism. In fact she was always good at most subjects. That's another thing that I admired about her, her intelligence. She wasn't just another pretty girl, she had brains.

"There we go!" George exclaims, pulling into our drive way.

I look around to see them both still kissing. "Ughhhh..." I jump out of the car and let myself in the house with my key. I'm immediately greeted by my dog Rocky. He's a German Shepherd and he's probably the sweetest dog in the whole world. 

"Hey boy!" I say, messing about with his ears making him hyper. I waltz into the kitchen and pour myself a cup of juice. I lift myself onto the counter and tease Rocky by waving my biscuit around in his face.

I break it in half, giving him the bigger bit. "Ohhh, can I have one?!" Louis asks as he comes into the kitchen.

Hannah follows behind him and she bends down to stroke Rocky who doesn't really flinch. He doesn't really like girls to be honest. The only girl he actually got on with was Jess, he grew up with Jess and me so that would explain it.

"Fine then, be huffy with me!" She exclaims. Rocky jumps up and licks her and then goes back to eating his biscuit.

"Harry, you've ate all the biscuits!" Louis complains.

"Sorryyyy!" I laugh, getting down off the counter and making my way to my room, Rocky following behind like a shadow.

I decide that staying as far away from them love birds as possible, will be safer. I jump onto my bed and let Rocky come up too. As soon as I see the pillow I rest my head on it, letting my eyes slowly close. Today has been such an eventful day, definitely not what I expected when I woke up at six this morning. I didn't want to go to the interview, I actually asked our mangaer if I could pull a sicky and skip it but he said no. I'm so glad he did now...

*******************************************************

"Harry! Do you want some pizza?!" Louis shouts from downstairs, waking me up. "Well do you?" He shouts up again, getting impatient.

"No thanks." I call back, getting up. Rocky's still asleep, looking cute lying at the end of my bed.

I glance at my alarm clock, 9:49pm. Wow, had I slept for that long?! I get up and grab my phone, the little pink card falls to the ground reminding about Jess. I wonder... should I ring her? Maybe it would be too soon though, but we're going to have to get over the hurdle sometime.

I lift the card off the ground and dial the number on it before I change my mind. It rings for three and then she picks up.

"Hello?" Her voice sounds the exact same as when I rang her when we were teenagers. Hearing her voice actually makes me smile. "Hey Jess."