Chapter 14- At Chase's

(Lou's POV)

After Max's thanks for last night incident, Chase and I never halted ourselves from sniggering until Jesse reprimanded us.

"What are you guys cackling about?", she asked, suspiciously. Chase laughed loudly as I hid my giggles. She eyed Chase like his butt was going to catch fire no sooner until he shut his quivering mouth. "I said what were you cackling all bout?", she asked once again as Max turned even more red. "Jesse, don't mind them..", Max said but she slightly pushed him. "Go on... tell me...", Jesse demands as I made a move to respond.

"It's because... Max went over to me and said in a low whisper... thanks for last night-" I explain as Chase guffawed again. Jesse glared at him.

"He said... thanks for last night... it was fun .", I simply explain, concealing my chuckling.

Jesse faced Max who was extremely red and gave him a good slap on the face while Chase already had his head under his shirt.

Max held his slapped cheek as she spoke up. "Lou, you and I are just twins with the same attire-"

"Who's fault is that?"

"Mine, for copying you-"

"Right!"

"I'm not done yet. Yes, it's my fault but you'd have to consider that and not just laugh your bottoms off, get that?"

"Ok..."

"Good... now, where shall we go?"
Chase replied, "You can come over at my place, yeah?". "Good idea!", I nod my head in agreement as the couple narrowed their eyes. "Fine. Let's go, then.", Jesse says as we all followed Chase to his ride.

When we arrived, all of us settled and gathered in the living room by the fireplace due to the chilly drizzle. Chase sat alongside of me.

"You recovered... so quickly.", I inform him as he shrugged. "What you said was right anyways...", he said, softly for only the both of us to hear. "That's pleasing to hear.", I said as he grinned. "Guys! How about a movie?", Chase called, rising up from his seat. "Sure", Jesse agreed as Max shrugged. I nodded my head in acceptance as Chase walked over to the television and played one of his downloaded movies. The movie was a genre of terror, torture and death. (Don't let me tell you what the movie is.) 

As the movie went on, Jesse's appearance was nothing but horrified and repulsed. I couldn't help but laugh at her face. Max thought it was some joke and so he did chuckle about it. While Chase and I had average reactions. The movie wasn't that bad.

Max chuckled earning a glare from Jesse who was still furious about Max's incident. "Max, shut up. Come over here. I need to talk to you.", Jesse demands, pinching and grabbing his ear to the kitchen where it was exclusive only for them.

The movie ended half an hour after wherein Jesse's talk still wasn't over.

"Hey Lou. Let's go outside.", Chase suggested, taking my hand, softly as we walked outside.

As we stepped outside, he led me to a bench where we both plumped ourselves down in it.

"You know what, I am so over her.",Chase said, smirking. "How... you know, it was swift and quick.", I inquire, grinning and the same time, amused. "If she was the one who let go... why should I be the one broken? That's what you said...", he chortled. "Right..", I replied, shrugging.

Being around Chase gave me a feeling of a different, very inexperienced emotion of mine. The pumping from my chest to my stomach was occurring again. It must be (people, don't judge me) ... love. Chase thrilled me and made me freeze at his striking appearance. His good-hearted attitude and generosity impressed me. I had this intense feeling of deep affection or admiration, isn't it?

The afternoon was breezy and comfortable. And this deep affection I felt and the physical sensations made me feel the greatest at Chase's.