courtship

"Are you three trying to kill her?" Alya asked jumping down onto the log holding some flowers. 

"No were just playing 'monster'." One of the kids said and Brooklynn noticed the flowers Alya was holding. 

"Well you better get serious because the courtship is soon, and you'll see all the smooching." Alya said and the kids all made gagging noises.

"Really mom?" One asked and Brooklynn chuckled slightly. 

"Yes really now Cleo you and your friends go run along." Alya said and Cleo and his friends scampered off. "As for you young lady you go pick up your 'boyfriend' he's been working on some new pickup materiel." Alya said to Brooklynn who made a gagging motion.

"Ugh is he still doing that?" Brooklynn asked and Alya just nodded and the female Edmontosaurus stood up and walked off to find Kenji. When Brooklynn found him he was practicing his pickup lines.

"If you go out with me I'll groom you." Kenji said practicing and Brooklynn just sighed in annoyance.

"You really can't seem to nail a pickup line can you?" Brooklynn asked as she walked out of the foliage.

"Hey I don't see you trying Brooke." Kenji said lookin at her and the female Edmontosaurus rolled her eyes in annoyance. 

"That's because there's no one that looks like me here genius." Brooklynn said and Kenji  jumped onto her back. "Besides we have to go listen to your old mans lecture." Brooklynn said and Kenji just chuckled softly.

"Hey he put the 'prime' in primate." Kenji said defensively as Brooklynn walked along the sandy beach. 

"Yeah, yeah." Brooklynn said while walking and she looked out into the horizon. Brooklynn then continued to walk.

"Now listen here boys, if you don't know who you're going to pick just guess." Kosei said to the young mature males while Alya was talking to the other female Notharctus. 

"Now ladies don't going jumping into the tree after the first boy with a cute backflip, it's fun to keep them guessing." Alya said handing out flowers.

"If the cute backflip doesn't work then guess. Don't worry about messing up there's always next season." Kosei said and that's when Brooklynn and Kenji showed up. 

"Come one guys we don't want to let the ladies down do we?" Kenji asked and the other male Notharctus jumped down onto Brooklynn's back as she walked by. Brooklynn then walked up to the tree and slowed down.

"Hey girls look who pulled up into town." Brooklynn said strolling past the female Notharctus and Cleo giggled as Brooklynn walked by. The males including Kenji then jumped up into the branches and Brooklynn rested on a fallen over palm tree. The males then let out their calls and Brooklynn let out a bellow. However Kenji shook teh stick he was resting on so hard that it broke and he landed in a bush. Brooklynn sighed and then stood up and picked up Kenji using a branch and threw him in the tree. After about thirty minutes everyone had a partner, everyone except Kenji who just sat on his vine all alone. Brooklynn then walked up and Kenji got onto her neck and she walked back to the place she was resting. 

"Poor Kenji he's still the bachelor." Alya said looking as Kenji looked out over the ocean while sitting next to Brooklynn.