03: PROMISE ME

━━ TOMMY DOESN'T TAKE HIS CHANCES.

He makes a run for it

He makes a run for it. "Tubbo, where are you?" He shouts, squinting and glancing around for him. He doesn't hear a reply, and his heart starts beating first. "Rockabye Tubbster, in the snow top. Where the fuck are you?" Tommy shouts. "Definitely crying cause I killed your whole family, haha!" He's circled the whole room, hiding behind the vines, and makes it back to the door. "Tubbo? Did you leave me?"

Tommy sighs in defeat. Of course, he did. Great just great, now Tommy's gonna have to—

"Tommy."

Tommy nearly jumps out of his skin. "Hey, Bad..."

The said boy tilts his head to the side. Tommy takes a step back. He can't say what, but the gesture sent a chill down his spine. It was unnatural. "Tommy, you weren't gonna leave, were you?"

Tommy glances over Bad's shoulder to the staircase behind him. "No." He admits, defeatedly. He could only hope Tubbo was getting help. He's not sure if he can get himself out of this one.

Bad grabs Tommy's wrist. It's strangely cold. "Alright, c'mon. Over here."

"What would happen if I did leave? Hypothetically?" Tommy blurts, letting himself get dragged further and further away from his escape.

"No," Bad said simply. "In the box."

Tommy whips his head around to see a small obsidian box. "Really? Why?"

"I need to do an experiment. To see in time if you will come to love the egg."

Tommy raises a skeptical eyebrow at Bad before being gently encouraged to get in with a probe from his trident. Tommy turns to see Bad projecting an obsidian block. It settles into place, and Tommy frowns. He knows nothing gonna happen and that eventually, Bad will let him go. It would just be a long day. There's a little window for him, and Tommy rests his chin in his hands and stares past the vines.

Bad is whispering to Ant, occasionally gesturing around wildly.

Tommy just sighs loudly. What a friend Tubbo was. Now he was gonna have to spend the next day or week stuck in this cage all for Bad's "experiment." Honestly, Tommy thought, if anything, he'd resent the egg more after this. Something gold winks in the distance, and Tommy perks up.

"Sam?"

A figure steps out past the vines, glimmering trident in their hand. "I am Sam Nook. I shall be taking the children with me. They are under my protection."

Two more figures appear on either side of him.

Your hand cuts across the air, a sword materializing in your hands. "I would suggest you step back now before things get ugly."

Tubbo nods at Tommy, mouthing something to him. Tommy can't figure out what, but he assumes it's probably something along the lines of 'I didn't leave you, I swear.'