07: YOU LIE

━━ "I HATE YOU. YOU'RE UGLY."

Dream rolls his eyes from his corner of the room

Dream rolls his eyes from his corner of the room. "I get it. You said that like every ten minutes. Look. I've been in here for... I don't even know for how long I've been in here, but way longer than you have. I'm used to it at this point. Like if anything, this has been better for me."

Tommy looks up from the book he's been writing in. The title says: Why I hate Dream. "What do you mean, this has been better?"

Dream shrugs. "It's been better."

Tommy finishes writing his page and tosses the book at Dream. "Read that."

Dream opens the book, reads the first page, and chucks it into the lava. Tommy expects that. "You're acting like it's the end of the world."

Tommy sighs. "Look at that." He points to the clock hanging on the wall. "See? In a few hours, it will turn ever so slightly... Let me — okay."

"Tommy, do you remember when you visited me, and I said that? But like now you're in here, and I don't need it—"

Tommy shakes his head. "Dude, this isn't... let me out now."

Dream stands up, picking the clock off the wall. "Okay, look." He tosses it into the lava. "We don't need that. We don't need to know—"

"What the fuck?" Tommy shouts, jumping to his feet. "It said do not burn!"

Dream ignores him. "Tommy, hear me out."

"What?"

"What if... we get out together, okay?"

"No," Tommy said. "Because then you break out with me, and I don't want you to break out with me."

"But why?"

"We went over this yesterday, Dream. I don't like you, and I'm not gonna help you for my sake. You deserve to rot in here, and I'm going to make sure of it."

Dream's face hardens. "Tommy, I will get out. And when I do... I'll get my revenge."

"What does that mean? What the fuck does that mean?"

"It means that I'll get my revenge."

Tommy raises an eyebrow. Revenge on who? On him? "On who?"

"On everyone who wronged me."

"On fucking everyone? You wouldn't kill anyone, would you? You wouldn't kill someone." Almost immediately, Tommy backtracks. Dream would kill someone. "You'll kill Tubbo."

"Tommy, I will get revenge on everybody who wronged me, okay? People that have wronged me."

"You said Tubbo! The last thing you said before going to this prison, Dream, was Tubbo wronged you! You'll kill Tubbo, won't you?" Tommy questions, his heart pounding inside of his chest. God's, how long has he been in here? Three days? A week? And already, his fear was heightened again, but this time he wouldn't let it get the best of him.