04: THE WHISPERS

━━ IT DIDN'T STOP THERE.

In fact, the Eggpire only grew

In fact, the Eggpire only grew. It didn't just grow in size either; it grew in hunger. Every day more vines began to creep around the SMP. You and Tommy spent hours destroying the ones by the hotel, but the next day they came back. You had to wonder if Dream knew of these things. Did he know about anything in prison? Or did he lose track of the days after day one?

In the back of your mind, a voice told you to find out. You ignored it.

"Sam Nook?" Tommy shouts, cupping his hands over his mouth. His voice breaks your thoughts. "Sam?"

You jog up to the hotel, stepping past the gate. "Is Sam not here?"

Tommy shakes his head, squinting as he gazes at the top of the hotel. "No sign of him."

"That's odd."

"It's unlike him. I mean, he's a robot. He doesn't have a mind of his own. Something bad happened to him. I just know it."

For once, you agree with Tommy. "Sam would leave a note if he took him, right?"

"Yeah."

The sound of running causes you to look towards the hotel gate. A sheep-hybrid stands there, waving her arms dramatically. "Tommy! (Y/N)!"

"Puffy?" You questioned. She looked disheveled, her two-toned hair spilling over her shoulders in tangles and her shirt creased and covered in blood.

Tommy makes the same observation and narrows his eyes, nose pointed up. "Where is Sam Nook, lady? I know you. I know who you're working for."

Puffy hops the gate, and Tommy backs away. "Get the fuck away from me," He said harshly.

Puffy shakes her head, holding a hand out. "Woah, Tommy, look, something bad happened. Something really bad happened."

"Really bad? Worse than the worst tragedy ever?" Tommy questioned, a skeptical look on his face as he crosses his arms.

"It's up there. It's definitely up there."

"Are you really saying it's with the worst tragedy ever?" You asked. Your voice isn't threatening. It's monotone as you wonder if Puffy was worth trusting. Though, you don't doubt she is. But it doesn't hurt to be safe.

"The explosion of L'manberg?"

Puffy nods."It's pretty high up at that point. It depends on how much you consider Sam a friend."

Tommy nods vigorously. "I value Sam Nook! Where is he? He should be at his spot."

You elbow Tommy. "I think you mean Sam."

He coughs. "Yeah, Sam." He narrows his eyes once again. "You're one of the eggers, aren't you?"

"No, I'm not!" Puffy huffs.