Chapter 24

"It's just me and you, okay?" she reassures me, giving my shoulder a squeeze before relaxing her head onto my other shoulder. I felt myself relax at her touch, knowing I could actually trust her, knowing she actually does care, it felt good to feel that type of reassurance. I finally felt as if I could breathe. I could feel everything come to me, the realization hitting me all at once. I felt her bring me into a hug, and that's when all my walls came down. I wrapped my arms around her waist, bringing my head down to lay on her chest. She doesn't move, she just pulls me in tighter, rubbing light circles on my back, bringing the comfort I didn't know I needed. The comfort I longed for for so long. I never had this type of comfort since my brother died, I hadn't had this comfort in so long, it almost felt new.

After a couple of minutes, I finally calmed myself down. Of course with the help of Wanda's presence, I figured I could break the silence.

"Thank you. I just don't- it just all hit me at once, i'm sorry- It's not that big of a deal, he's what I call a pathetic use of a man, seriously who the fuck do some people think they are? it's literally sickening. And most of them are so dumb that they don't even realize what the problem is..like sometimes I just want to be like "dude YOU are the problem jackass!" like seriously it just pisses me off. Men piss me off. Except Pietro, he's the only exception." I finished my rant to wanda, kind of got carried away lmao whoops. Pretty sure I scared her away for good. Lucky me though, she just laughs at my rant.

"I understand, they just think we're some helpless little girls and can take advantage of us whenever they have the need for it. I'm sorry you had to be the one to witness it."

"It's okay, not the first time I've been in a situation like that. I'd rather it be me than you." I softly smile at her, placing my hand over hers.

"Well I'd rather it be no one, especially you" She smiled, giving my hand a squeeze. We shared a soft gaze at one another, both smiling at one another. I caught myself looking down at her soft lips and back up to her emerald eyes, and I quickly had to pull away from the tension I caught myself in. I didn't want to make this awkward so I pulled myself together, wiping my face clear of the stained tears.

"Thanks Wanda, you know you're not that bad after all" She scoffs as I laugh.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asks, lightly shoving my shoulder.

"You said it yourself, you definitely weren't the friendliest and you're pretty shy. So I'm glad you opened up a little to me of all people. Those walls you put up must be pretty high." I say trying to lighten the mood. With my remark she froze, I couldn't really read her expression. Did I say something? Shit it was something I said, I outed her out to herself. Wow I'm an ass.

"I'm sorry. I-I shouldn't have said that, not that it's a bad thing, being shy and being careful on who you let your walls down for...I was just trying to lighten the mood-" She just snickered at my rambling and stood up from the bed.

"It's fine y/n, you should be honored to be someone I open up to you know. I don't normally do that, only with pietro. So...feel lucky." She smiled and I just laughed, rubbing my hand over my face at my embarrassment.

"I do. I am honored to be someone you can open up too. Just your presence makes me feel better..so thank you Wanda." I say standing up to her level.

"Of course" She winked before turning her attention to the stack of books beside my bed. I watched as she went over everything in my room. She ran her fingers over the lightly dusted books, moving toward the slightly wrinkled picture of a girl and a woman. Something that was so meaningful that you go everywhere with it.