Chapter 6

Adam's POV

I walk swiftly to Alpha Benz's office, leaving Victoria there. I only know that she took a while to go into her room.

Would she really reject me? I know that she must hate me for what I ordered my pack to do, but she dosen't know everything. But I can't just tell her that. It would tear her apart.

The only problem is that I can't be with her now. Though I can't control myself. I want to keep her safe. I want to her to be mine, but I know I couldn't. It's bad enough with what happened with E-

"Alpha, we need a plan."Benz said, cutting off my thoughts.

"Yes, we do. We know that they will attack most often. So just sure that there is a lot of security around the boarders. More than usual, at least."I explain.

"Yes, that's perfect. But what about Victoria. They want her. Did anything happen during the latest fight?"he asks, clearly worried, like me.

"I'm not sure, but someone should protect her."

He thinks for a second. "What about Kaylee?"

"No. She's a healer. She would be useful to the pack. Why not me? I am her mate after all."I say.

"Well, I don't know. You see..."he trails off.

"I know that you know. But I would never hurt her. I could never do it."I admitt.

"Hm...what if you and Layla take her away from here?" I like the idea, me taking her away from all harms way. It might just work. I nod.

"But, we need your skill. This will be a major problem."he says, thinking of pros and cons.

I sigh, "Look, my beta can do it just fine. I learned a couple things from him, you know."

"Ok, fine, but I will tell her. She might kill you before hand though. Just a warning." I let out a small chuckle. I like this family more and more.

I leave to my room, chuckling about how she would look when she found out. I make it to my room and try to sleep, but that is just not happening tonight.

I can't stop thinking about her. The one I failed to protect. Then I find myself comparing her to my mate, they seem a like a lot, but I think Victoria is better in everyway. I just can't help it.

Soon I find myself slowly drifting away.

Victoria's POV

I was sitting in my bedroom silently on my bed, sleep not an option. Benz opens the door slowly, walking in and sitting next to me.

"Adam and I have discussed something and...and your going to leave."he said. This shocked me.

"Wh-what!?"I screamed.

"Look, they are after you. So Adam and Layla are going to take you away from danger. It will by us time, and keep you safe."

"Only one problem. Adam is coming. Plus, don't you need all of them to help succeed?"I asked.

"Adam refuses to let anyone else go. And I don't trust him alone with you, that's why they are coming." I sigh.

"I'm not winning this, am I?"he nods. "Fine. I'll go. Even though I have no choise."I finally said. He chuckles at the last part.

Well, looks like I'm leaving. Great.