Queen Cassandra Volturi <3

"Who is she?" Bella asked, her index finger cautiously pointing at the female as if it were a sin to even look upon her beauty.

Edward saw the mesmerized look buried deep within Bella's brown eyes, and couldn't help but feel a bit concerned for the human in front him. He too has found himself admiring the vampire quite a few times, more than he was willing to admit, but seeing a human so hypnotized by a mere photo of the vampire, made him feel a bit weary.

Swallowing the lump in his throat, Edward looked between the photo and Bella. "Queen Cassandra."

Bella looked up, finally able to remove her eyes from the portrait. "Why does Carlisle have just a portrait of her? Shouldn't she be with one of the Kings...?" Bella inquired, turned her form to face him, as her brows knitted together.

"It's...a long story." Edward nodded, looking down, avoiding eye contact. He tried to use his awkward smile to get himself out of this subject, knowing that it was a difficult one to speak of, but the piercing gaze radiating off of Bella forced him to reconsider.

"We have time."

Sighing, Edward looked up at the Queen. "She was...is, Carlisle's biological daughter." He began, cringing at the sharp gasp that left Bella's lips. "But she is also Caius's mate..."