(49) Lost Boy, Found

"Young Master Wei! Over here!" A masculine voice called out making Lan Wuxian's head snap toward the sound. Without thinking about it he grabbed his husband and his son's hands and dragged them over to Wen Qionglin.

"Wen Ning, you're here! Who are you working with? Can we trust them? Are you looking after A'Ling? How is A'Ling? Is A'Cheng here yet? Did he come? How was he?" The black clad male responded with many questions to the guard, heart filling with relief that his long-time friend was one of the security guards watching over his nephew. A wide smile spread over his face when he saw Wen Ning nod in assent, to which question he didn't know but the relief reaching his silver eyes as he followed Wen Ning's finger, pointed in Wang Ka-Yee's direction.

The other guard nodded at the recognizable power couple who were speaking with his partner.

"Wen Qionglin," Lan Ying began seriously, "Have any of the Jin Clan or associates been sniffing around yet?" He asked curiously, "Has there been any media trying to get in or asking questions about why A'Ling is here? Those vultures are always trying to get a story - good or not - at anyone's expenses."

As the barrage of questions continue pouring from his Young Master Wei, Wen Ning wasn't really sure what to answer first. Wang Ka-Yee saw his comrade falter as the questions failed to stop, so he came over. Bowing formally, he didn't reach out his hand for a handshake (rescuing Wen Ning from Wei Ying), and filled the Lan's in on the details of what was going on.

"Hanguang Jun, it's good to see you again. I'm Wang Ka-Yee, Ning's partner for this detail. Master Wei, let me assure you that if I weren't trustworthy I wouldn't be working at this hospital. When the head of security told me the client's name and yours, I knew this position wouldn't be assigned to anyone other than Wen Qionglin, Choi Seyong-Yoon, Son Young-Taek and myself.

"Each guard mentioned is not be one of those filthy scum who abuse the power they've worked damn hard for and bring a bad name to our family honor. I cannot be bought with money since I have more than enough of my own and I cannot be bought with offers of power because I own one of the most successful companies in the Country, including the security company in charge of running this hospital. My company is registered under the name Wang Jackson, I assume you recognize this name Young Masters.

"Wen Qionglin is loyal to you and yours, Young Master Wei and Youngest Master Lan Sizhui. Both Choi and Son are loyal to me and mine for reasons I will not discuss here. But for now that's all you need to know about the four of us who are guarding your Young Master Jin. To update you on progress so far, the patient is still in surgery. Currently the outlook is positive and at this point if he survives the surgery he has about a ninety-five percent chance of survival, which is better than when he was originally rushed into the theatre. I'm assuming the Young Master that Qionglin spoke to earlier was Young Master Jiang? He was taken through already when he arrived about seventeen minutes ago to donate blood for your Young Master. I don't know if any of you will be going in?"

"So far there have been no Jin Clan or Associates attempt to contact or come in to the hospital. I have also put a blanket ban on all reporters, journalists and media in general from entering the hospital. You yourselves may have noticed that no media were able to follow you inside when you came in approximately seven minutes ago."

Wang Ka-Yee finished his fairly long speech with no interruptions, part of this being because Lan Yibo was squeezing his husband's hand and had put a silencing spell on him so that the guard could speak as he needed to. Lan Ying patted his husbands hand and kissed him on the cheek, acknowledging that in this case, Lan Yibo's way was better than his and at this, Lan Yibo released the silencing spell on his husband.

*******

Jin Rulan's P.O.V.

'My head, it hurts. Wait... I... hurt? I hurt! That means... I- I'm alive? I'm alive! Yuan!!

A heaviness settles on my limbs, making me unable to move. I can't open my eyes and I frown at the pounding in my head and everywhere else. I feel something heavy lifting one of my legs in the air, I feel pinches in my arms. Everything feels blurry and heavy. Tears well in my eyes and slip out freely, removing the sleep and gunk from my eyes making it a tiny bit easier to force them open. Once my eyes are open I can see a bland white room; the single bed I'm lying on, two uncomfortable looking chairs, one sealed window with reinforcing bars over the glass and one door.

'Where am I? Hospital? Prison cell? Where's A' Yuan? I want Yuan...'

I'm unable to speak because there's wires and tubes and other medical equipment everywhere, I feel my anxiety spike because I'm definitely in a position where I can't move and can't get out of my predicament and I hear beeping from the side of the bed get faster. I'm ashamed of the tears which are falling faster, completely out of my control. I wish I could call someone, anyone, for help.

******

SONG/ARTIST: Teeth by 5 Seconds of Summer

ANIME: The Founder of Diabolism / The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation / Mo Dao Zu Shi