New Friends

Knock, knock.
"Come in?"
"Hey. You seemed a bit lonely at lunch so we thought we might introduce ourselves."
I turned and looked at a few kids standing in my room. There were three girls and two boys. The 12-year old looking girl that just spoke, looked like she was the one in charge.
"I'm Kaylee," she said, "I'm 13 years old."
Ok. 13-year old girl.
"I'm Jesse. I'm 12 years old."
"I'm Willow. I'm 9 years old."
Looking at Willow, that was hard to tell. She had shortish, thick, black that shielded away her eyes. Willow was tall for her age and seemed very gothic.
"I'm Damien. I'm 12 years old and also Willow's older brother."
"I'm Victor. I'm 14 years old and Kaylee's twin brother."
- "How can you be her twin brother and be older than her?" I suddenly asked a bit rudely.
They didn't seem to notice as Victor explained.
"Have you heard of twins being born, not straight after one and other?"
"Yeah..."
"Well, I was born on the 27th of May. But for some reason, Kaylee wasn't born until the 2nd of June."
"Ahh. I see. So it's your birthday soon then, Kaylee?"
"Yep! Then I will be as old as my brother."
***
Time passed and without realizing it, a month passed since Kasey found me. I made quite a few friends, including Kaylee, Jesse, Willow, Damien and Victor.
To be honest, I was pretty happy. For once I was with kind, caring and genuine people. But I was determined to find my parents and be reunited with my sister.